Thread bumping - Mountain Buzz

Old 08-09-2018   #1

Boise, ID
Paddling Since: '99
Thread bumping

Hey, why can't we bump a thread that's old? I tried to bump the rapid photo thread and it's locked because it's 126 days old. This place seems pretty cluttered with short threads of the same stuff. It would be cool to look through a bunch of pages of sweet rapid pics instead of searching a bunch of 1 page threads. Also, it would be cool to have a collection of knowledge instead of people starting the same "what shuttle for xxx?" or "what camps on xxx?".

Any thoughts there?

Conundrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2018   #2

Kalispell, Montana
Paddling Since: 1997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
Hey, why can't we bump a thread that's old? I tried to bump the rapid photo thread and it's locked because it's 126 days old. This place seems pretty cluttered with short threads of the same stuff. It would be cool to look through a bunch of pages of sweet rapid pics instead of searching a bunch of 1 page threads. Also, it would be cool to have a collection of knowledge instead of people starting the same "what shuttle for xxx?" or "what camps on xxx?".

Any thoughts there?
x2!

I do like the warning, "This thread is 126 days old, do you really want to post to it?"
But if it's pertinent, by all means, post away and add the knowledge to the same thread. Far better than having to search the "rapid photo" threads from 2016, 2017, 2018...and review them all separately to find the single photo you remembered seeing previously.

Semi-on topic: I do like the Google custom search engine. It does seem to do a good job of finding pertinent information, even though there are a lot of mini-threads it turns up.
MT4Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018   #3

Boise, ID
Quote:
Originally Posted by MT4Runner View Post
x2!

I do like the warning, "This thread is 126 days old, do you really want to post to it?"
But if it's pertinent, by all means, post away and add the knowledge to the same thread. Far better than having to search the "rapid photo" threads from 2016, 2017, 2018...and review them all separately to find the single photo you remembered seeing previously.

Semi-on topic: I do like the Google custom search engine. It does seem to do a good job of finding pertinent information, even though there are a lot of mini-threads it turns up.
Yeah, I got the warning. Checked the box. Spent time typing up something, uploaded pics, hit submit, and then it said "sorry, can't post to thread because it's 126 days old." Why is their even reply and submit buttons if it isn't going to let you post?

Here's one of the pics just because I don't want to start a new thread to post it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rainie.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	31649  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2018   #4

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
I agree, it should have a warning, to make sure the poster isn't wasting his effort on a dead horse, but it should not prevent the post.

(seven two 0)-298-2242
Dave Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018   #5

Anytown, USA
@Conundrum Can you send me a link to the thread so I can see why it wouldn't allow you to post?

Niall
Tech Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018   #6

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Frank View Post
I agree, it should have a warning, to make sure the poster isn't wasting his effort on a dead horse, but it should not prevent the post.
Thanks Dave. I still remember that time you lost an entire trip report from your high-water Arkansas run from Pine Creek to Canon City, IIRC, because the text entry box timed out.

For all folks posting lengthy stuff that is important to you, I highly recommend composing the text and saving it to an email or off-line document before hitting "submit" so that if something screwy happens you've got a copy saved.

-AH
Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018   #7

Boise, ID
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech Admin View Post
@Conundrum Can you send me a link to the thread so I can see why it wouldn't allow you to post?

Niall
Here's the thread. I did check the box but then wouldn't let me post.

https://www.mountainbuzz.com/forums/...s-88642-3.html
Old 08-13-2018   #8

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
I just did a test post and it let me revive it for some reason.
Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018   #9

Boise, ID
Looks like it's working now. Thanks fellas.
Old 08-15-2018   #10

Anytown, USA
Glad to hear it's working.

Niall
Tech Admin is offline   Reply With Quote