Gear Swap Rating System?? - Mountain Buzz

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2017   #1

Great Falls, Montana
Paddling Since: .3
Gear Swap Rating System??

smithk2ski bought my boats and trailer this summer. Some mention of it here https://www.mountainbuzz.com/forums/f...40045-138.html But unfortunately I forgot to look in the back of my cab before I drove away and forgot to give him a drop bag and stove.
And to make matters worse I cant find the title to the trailer so I had to do a title request from the DMV
He got the best deal I've ever heard of on the entire package which I think bought me some time but now it's been too long and I'm gone for another couple of months. Trips changed and things are crazy for me so I simply have not had time to get the stuff to him. Seriously if you could see my life in the last 3 months you would know how little time I've had. I was hoping that we could meet up on my drive south but my route didn't make sense for him. The bottom line is that it is simply my fault, it's shitty, and he has had to wait too long...And now he's going to have to wait longer
I just found out that he was not able to flip the rafts for the profit he was hoping for, so my time has run out. He's mad at me and RIGHTLY SO. He tried to make it easy for me and said he would pay for shipping but I've been preoccupied trying to keep my job and finish my house before I left for the summer. (I did not succeed) And I spent what little time I had trying to find the title. Now he tells me that he is going to get on FaceBook and the Buzz and tell everyone how dishonest I am and he's right. This story proves how dishonest I am.
So... It got me thinking of how much easier this would be if he could rate me as a seller, or at least rate the purchase, and tell this story so that everyone can know how dishonest I am and to avoid dealing with me. I've seen this kind of rating system on other forums and I think it would be a good idea here so that smithk2ski could give me an "F"!.. OK well at least a "D". (Honest to God it seem like saving over $6,000 could earn me a "D" instead of an "F".)

How about it admin?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2017   #2

Anytown, USA
Hey there,

This would have to be something that is discussed with the community to see how they feel about something like this. Then we will talk to the mod team.

So first, how does the rest of the community feel about the addition of a rating system?
Any input guys and gals?

Richard.
Old 08-15-2017   #3

Jackson, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 2000
I am the one who purchased ob1coby's boats/trailer. Little more to the story, but it certainly does not need to be hashed out publicly.

In regards to a rating system - I don't know that any one person has enough sales to make sense of one for this particular forum. It is not ebay nor should it be.

Admins... I certainly do not need this post up so myself or ob1coby can feel vindicated, but that will be your choice to keep or scrap.

ob1coby... I look forward to resolving this issue offline as time allows.

Thanks,

Sam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2017   #4

Anytown, USA
Thank you for your input.
I would tend to agree, with your comment.

I will close this thread right now.
If you would like to contact me to open this thread back up, please PM this account.

Thank you,

Richard.
Closed Thread