Can't add description to classified ad - Mountain Buzz

Old 04-24-2017   #1

Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1973
Can't add description to classified ad

Description and zip code can be added, but they do not save. I use Safari 10.1. The ad is for a trailer frame with camp table

RiverReeses is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2017   #2

Anytown, USA
can you link your ad here?

I'm trying to test this but it's taking a while to approve.

Lee
Tech Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017   #3

Aurora, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
As a matter of fact, I was trying to search the classifieds just now, and was getting no results when searching title only and all fields for "trailer frame". Odd, since I know that "trailer frame" appears about 5 items down the current list.

Am I doing something wrong, or is our Classifieds section not really searchable?
climbdenali is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2017   #4

Anytown, USA
Hey there,

I just tested it myself (chrome on PC) and went back to edit it changing the zip and description, and it was able to save the changes. I was searching for your ad with the title "trailer frame" but could not locate it either. What section did you place it in? Are you able to find your ad from your posts (go to your profile > Statistics > Find all posts by you)? If you can locate it, try editing it on a different browser/device and see if there is any luck there. If that fails, see if you're able to create a new ad with the added details you wanted to put in the first place. Once we can locate the original one, we can have it deleted.

Let us know and we'll get that sorted out. Thank you for your patience on this.

Cheers,
Natalie
Old 05-23-2017   #5

Boulder, Colorado
I'm also having an issue with the description field. I running Mac OS 10.12 and I tried using both Firefox and Safari. I had a description in the ad but it didn't show up once the ad was published. I tried editing the ad to put the description in and that also didn't work. Ideas?

Ad link:
13 ft Hyside Self Bailer - Mountain Buzz Gear Swap

Description:
Solid Hyside self bailer - 13 ft model. Awesome boat for Colorado, small enough to R2, big enough to take all of your friends rafting! Sweet size for a fishing boat with the thwarts removed.

This boat performs great and holds air. It has been well used but still has a lot of life left. I have had it for a couple years and it has done well for me - but I need to reduce my fleet. This boat was a commercial boat and had the logos removed. A previous owner stored it outside and it got pine sap on it no actual damage but it did leave some grey spots after cleaning. The boat came with only one thwart, I bought and installed the two grey thwarts - they actually fit better than the stock thwarts in my opinion. This is a really good boat, come and check it out!

I can deliver to the Front Range and nearby mountain towns - Summit, Vail, Winter Park. I'm also headed to the Selway for a June 9th put in so Jackson, Missoula, and other places along the route are possible.
Old 05-24-2017   #6

Anytown, USA
From what I can tell, the issue came from your description being too long. I got as much of it on as I could, but was still missing some info.

Problem is, I can't find anywhere in the system that details what the correct maximum character count is. Need to do more digging. For now though, can you check to see what of the missing info you want to add, and maybe shorten up the description? Current character count that works is around 440, including spaces

Kevin
Old 05-24-2017   #7

Boulder, Colorado
Kevin - Thank you for getting as much of the description in there as you could. I can e-mail people with the rest of the info if they are interested.

Knowing that there is a circa 440 character limit is useful.
Old 05-26-2017   #8

Anytown, USA
I'm still not 100% sure on that being the actual limit, but if you are happy with what's up, then that's the key thing

Kevin