Buzz App - Mountain Buzz

Old 07-15-2017   #1

Niwot, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Buzz App

A couple of days ago the buzz app stopped working for me. I can't get it to refresh. This is the case for both the iphone and ipad app and any network.

I've attached a screen shot of what I'm seeing. Anyone else getting this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-07-15 09.05.16.png
Views:	54
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	20633  

Advertisement

Old 07-15-2017   #2
Plunk your magic twanger!

New Castle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Dead. Just figured out how to reply on the mobile website. Not intuitive. I think we were warned the app would stop working when it was giving messages that it was no longer supported.
Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017   #3

Niwot, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Well that sucks. I rely heavily on the app. Any idea who owns the app?
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2017   #4
Plunk your magic twanger!

New Castle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
I like using the app. Without a working app I fear this forum will dry up. I might log in in my cubicle but I only spend a coupl hours a day in front of a computer during the week. The mobile website is way too cumbersome. The participation had really dropped off significantly in the last year and the character of the topics has changed. I do hope that it will be rejuvenated but the lack of other responses is not encouraging.
Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017   #5

Anytown, USA
The app was a branded version of tapatalk (BYO APP). I am looking into if we can get support for the original version of the app. In the mean time if you log in from your browser it will show you a mobile view of the site.
Case #2633634.
-Philip
Tech Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017   #6

Portland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2013
The app just needs to be updated to be 64 bit currently it is 32 bit. The tap app is not great at this point but the buzz app works welll.

The mobile site is not great. The page loads are inconsistent the post order view is reset and I would agree that I visit considerably less

Not sure what is possible to correct, web sites are not cheap to maintain/host unless it is done out of love (non profit) and then it still costs just lots of time.
Croghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017   #7

Anytown, USA
Our techs will look to see if it can be upgraded but in the meantime, they'll check to see if they can apply a fix for this. We'll update you once we hear back from them.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Cheers,
Natalie
Old 10-19-2017   #8

Portland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2013
I can say my visits to the site have dropped from at least once of not multiple times a day to almost 0.

My visits use to be on the app it was fast and I was fine not seeing the classifieds all the time. Mostly a lurker with some once in a while posts and private messages. But I was on the site often. The mobile site is unusable for me. I can?t scroll without wild jumps up and down pages, slow and frustrating.
iOS 11 iPhone 10 on an iPad to test and just for giggles I have tried on two other devices both logged into my account and not.

I?m fine with a few ads I know you have to pay the bills but at this point I?m not coming to the site so no impressions. I know you are not going to do a dedicated app but please get on a different backend.
Croghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017   #9

Anytown, USA
the original app no longer works. we do have the site on our mobile skin and the site is also on tapatalk.

Lee