Women are mean - Mountain Buzz

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2012   #1

boulder, Colorado
Women are mean

Hey all,

I am trying to get over a recent breakup and nothing seems to help. So, I figured I would toss some thoughts out and see what the people of the internet land have to say.

After being apart for a bit, the girl drove a thousand miles to find me on the Lochsa and cried in my arms asking me to take her back for good. The way we left it was that when we got back to Oregon, we would be together. We talked over the summer and this is how it stood. I had been waiting to hear this for years. I finally thought she wanted marry and spend the rest of our lives together.

However, when I picked her up from the airport in Oregon two months later, all she had to say was, "Oh, I'm over it." I can't get thoughts of her out of my head. It is f'kn with school, life, boating and everything.

I know it is lame to post on a forum about this stuff, but I am out of options. Anyone have any good tips for getting back to normal? Does anyone out there believe that there is only one person out there for each of us? Why are women such bitches?

-Eric

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2012   #2

I hope this doesn't get deleted before we can get an opinion from a feminist from Montana.
Old 11-21-2012   #3

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Sorry, but I have to change the thread title, otherwise I wish you luck with your female problems. Just play and have fun, life will get better and eventually find someone else.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2012   #4

Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I hope this doesn't get deleted before we can get an opinion from a feminist from Montana.
CM might live in Montana but I think he's originally FROM WY.
Old 11-21-2012   #5

Land of Lovin, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Bitches be crazy, this is, unfortunately, why most of my friends are men.

I don't know what to tell you other than get back out there and keep looking, I gave up hope once before and then found my husband shortly after... there is hope.

I personally don't believe in "soulmates" or any of that garbage, I think it's about finding someone who enjoys many of the same things you enjoy (not all the same things or it gets boring) and growing together as people.
Old 11-21-2012   #6

boulder, Colorado
Thats the problem, all the ways I have grown over the past 4 years are wrapped up with her. Moreover, boating which has been my life for years now only makes me me think of her.
Old 11-21-2012   #7

at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
Ouch, heartbreak sucks and it's amazing how poorly people can treat each other. It probably doesn't help but plenty of women have their hearts crushed by men too. You have to move on and realize that you've got an unhealthy attachment to this woman. Just get yourself in order before you get back out there. When you least need someone is when you are most likely to find someone really good for you. Emotional pr physical injury, let yourself recover or you're going to be in the same boat again. Good luck,
Old 11-21-2012   #8

boulder, Colorado
How am I supposed to recover when I spend most my day freaking out about this? Just sit around waiting till I feel better? For gods sake I over looked arriving in Oregon to find her with another boyfriend when I first moved up here. Ahhh.
Old 11-21-2012   #9

Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1987
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeakyboater
How am I supposed to recover when I spend most my day freaking out about this? Just sit around waiting till I feel better? For gods sake I over looked arriving in Oregon to find her with another boyfriend when I first moved up here. Ahhh.
Sounds like she's a complete slut too. Be glad she dumped you dude, it may hurt for awhile, but in the long run, if you get your house in order as has been suggested--you will be better off. There are many great hearted woman out there that are keepers--but you won't find them until you get to a better place emotionally.

Believe me when I say this: when women fall out of love--it's over--no rekindling of romance ever happens from what I've seen and experienced, so don't think it may workout--it very likely won't. How could you trust her if she claimed to want you back?

I'm betting money that you'd take her back--us guys have a hard time letting go--we're wired differently. But if you do, you will regret it eventually, and the pain you're experiencing now will only be prolonged. Hopefully for your sake, you won't go there, it's better to move on--she did.
Old 11-21-2012   #10

boulder, Colorado
Mostly, I was just wondering if anyone had any specific things I could do to helps. I am injured right now, so my usually way to blow off steam are out.
Closed Thread