Where's the libs when you need em? - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Other Chatter > The Eddy

Old 04-28-2009   #1

Where's the libs when you need em?

All I heard for years and years was the size of the defecits under Reps. But now that Obama et. al. are giving away the candy store and the future of kids nationwide--I dont hear a peep from the left. At least not really.
What gives?
How about letting shareholders and bondholders of these large institutions take a haircut!?
What about the outrage from the left how a cabal of Goldman Sachs guys are running the shadow government and mortgaging your future?--Summers, Geither, Kashkari, et. al??

And WTF? If Reps were giving BILLIONS upon BILLIONS to big banks with nary a crumb to your avg. Joe Hack--they'd be UP in arms and it would be all over CNN every damn night. You see anything like that? Nah.
Oh how power breeds hypocrisy!

I guess as long as the President's name is not Bush and he's gung ho for green energy then the libs will let him do anything he likes.

I had hoped that the Libs in general wouldnt give him carte blanche--I can understand the politicians, but the general public seems perfectly fine to get screwed here. See above reasoning?

rafterman2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2009   #2
swimming

conifer, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafterman2007 View Post
All I heard for years and years was the size of the defecits under Reps. But now that Obama et. al. are giving away the candy store and the future of kids nationwide--I dont hear a peep from the left. At least not really.

What gives?
How about letting shareholders and bondholders of these large institutions take a haircut!?
What about the outrage from the left how a cabal of Goldman Sachs guys are running the shadow government and mortgaging your future?--Summers, Geither, Kashkari, et. al??

And WTF? If Reps were giving BILLIONS upon BILLIONS to big banks with nary a crumb to your avg. Joe Hack--they'd be UP in arms and it would be all over CNN every damn night. You see anything like that? Nah.

I guess as long as the President's name is not Bush and he's gung ho for green energy then the libs will let him do anything he likes.

I had hoped that the Libs in general wouldnt give him carte blanche--I can understand the politicians, but the general public seems perfectly fine to get screwed here. See above reasoning?

Read the post on getting rid of THE EDDY. Many of the main posters in the eddy have been abiding by a suggested self imposed ban. I believe it was initially planted by a left wing homer knowing they couldn't justifiably defend many of O'bummer's ridiculous, sometimes laughable, policies. Seems awful coincidental to me.
mr. compassionate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafterman2007 View Post

Not defending the current spending/bail outs, but you have an incredible short memory! It was Bush who started giving Billions and Billions to big banks. In addition to the Billions and Billions he gave in no bid contracts to Haliburton et al. Plus the Billions and Billions he spent on a war based on his own lies!
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2009   #4

San Juans, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
disapointment

I hear ya, I remember Obama mentioning that he would do away with lobbyists, crooked wall street execs, yada yada yada, same thing any candidate says.

Fast forward to him being in office. His administration reads like a who's who from lobbying groups and the Federal Reserve. The privatized Federal Reserve (privately owned, managed, with little gvmt. oversight) is largely to blame for getting us into this mess. Add in a few people from IMF and World Bank, and Obama has built and extremely power cabinet of foxes guarding our collective henhouse.

I see his agendass as no better than GW, maybe not as bloody, but just as detrimental to our collective good.

scott
dgosn is offline   Reply With Quote