What cookies does the Buzz install? - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Other Chatter > The Eddy

Old 02-26-2016   #1

peoria, Arizona
What cookies does the Buzz install?

Connected this morning using a new laptop that prompted before installing 3rd party cookies. Was a bit surprised at the number and variety of cookies that were required to view the Buzz.

Initially I approved each one individually but there were so many and some had script errors that locked up either of the browsers I was trying. Eventually I bit the bullet and mass approved each time one came up.

There seemed to be dozens of them, mostly from advertising/trackers. The Buzz does not seem to have a privacy/cookie policy. I understand the need for this since this is a free site and not complaining, but is there a list of what gets installed when you connect to Mountain Buzz?

Thanks
Gene

deadlizard is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2016   #2
I'm right 50% of the time

RFV, CO
Paddling Since: 1977
A bunch.

I use chrome with AdBlock Plus and white list some adverting on the buzz. Also use Ghostery, G Disconnect, Facebook Disconnect. Like Blur as well, but not using due to cost. Run CCleaner once a week. I don't see ads and trackers. Keeps the buzz looking clean.
Old 02-26-2016   #3

Somewhere on, Earth
Our software uses cookies. Ad networks drop a lot of them too. We also use Google Analytics and Quantcast for metrics.

We do have a privacy policy, it's links on the bottom of every page. We also have a terms of service link down there too.
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2016   #4

peoria, Arizona
Thanks. I knew there had to be a privacy statement somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy R View Post
Our software uses cookies. Ad networks drop a lot of them too. We also use Google Analytics and Quantcast for metrics.

We do have a privacy policy, it's links on the bottom of every page. We also have a terms of service link down there too.
Gene
deadlizard is online now   Reply With Quote