Vindication? - Mountain Buzz

Old 08-26-2009   #1

San Juans, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Vindication?

An interesting lesson in politics is about to begin. Who will replace Ted Kennedy?

A sad day for east coast liberals, and perhaps a relief for the family of Mary Jo Kopechne?

dgosn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2009   #2

Little Village, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
No question that Kennedy's manslaughter episode overshadowed his accomplishments. Here's some entertainment for Teddy Haters.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vwlampoon.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	1868  
Old 08-26-2009   #3
gh

pnw, Colorado
Oh snap, I never saw that ad. Classic.
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2009   #4

Little Village, Colorado
It appeared in National Lampoon in the early '70s, and was a parody of an actual VW ad. VW subsequently sued National Lampoon... unsuccessfully... but Lampoon did print a retraction saying, "Even if Ted Kennedy had driven a Volkswagen, he wouldn't be president today."

Here's the original ad that Anne Beatts (later a writer for SNL) parodied...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3474353206_389ab918e8.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	1869  
Old 08-26-2009   #5

That's a classic,,add.Teddy!!!!

Maybe a lotto, for the seat, call the dude in Chicago,,bingo!!!
Palo Duro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009   #6

conifer, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgosn View Post
An interesting lesson in politics is about to begin. Who will replace Ted Kennedy?

A sad day for east coast liberals, and perhaps a relief for the family of Mary Jo Kopechne?
Amen brotha! And a happy day for patriotic Americans. I consider Ted partially responsible, as well as many other far left libs, for America going from the #1 creditor nation in 1980 to the #1 debtor nation today. It is quite shocking when you think about it.

What I would consider true irony would be a grand funeral procession through DC and as the procession is crossing the Potomac(don't know a bridge name) the accelerator sticks and the hearse careens through the guardrail into the drink! He would be kayaking in the afterlife via a wooden casket...hah! And for no one to report on it or to the police until the next morning.
mr. compassionate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009   #7

Indian Hills, Colorado
...a little too soon? Mtn buzz continues to reach new lows.
DanOrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009   #8

Little Village, Colorado
Quote:
Amen brotha! And a happy day for patriotic Americans. I consider Ted partially responsible, as well as many other far left libs, for America going from the #1 creditor nation in 1980 to the #1 debtor nation today. It is quite shocking when you think about it.
No shit? You blame Teddy Kennedy for trade deficits? Mr. C, that's idiotic. Teddy was responsible for Chappaquiddick. American consumers are responsible for our trade deficits. Look no further than the Walmartians who brainlessly buy Chinese crap cheap. How about our addiction to imported oil?

Spit on Teddy's grave and revile the "libs" if you like, but remember that conservative icon St. Ronnie the Raygun embraced America's new debtor status back in 1988, saying it was a sign of strength that foreigners want to invest in America.

After WWII, the world changed fundamentally. We were actively pursuing globalization, in part as an aspect of the Cold War. The idea was that we could defeat communism by encouraging developing countries to manufacture products, and America would consume them. We could lift up impoverished countries, provide jobs and help them resist the lure of communism. Capitalism would defeat communism in the marketplace rather than the battlefield. The shift from net exporter to net importer of manufactured goods has been underway for a long time. Blaming libs for capitalist excesses is pretty funny when you seem to think that we're commies!

Oh, and we went from being a creditor nation in 1988, not 1980.
Old 08-27-2009   #9

Icebox, Colorado
Paddling Since: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. compassionate View Post

What I would consider true irony would be a grand funeral procession through DC and as the procession is crossing the Potomac(don't know a bridge name) the accelerator sticks and the hearse careens through the guardrail into the drink! He would be kayaking in the afterlife via a wooden casket...hah! And for no one to report on it or to the police until the next morning.
You're a Fucking Douche.....
grandyoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009   #10

conifer, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandyoso View Post
You're a Fucking Douche.....
Review his voting record is all I have to say.
mr. compassionate is offline   Reply With Quote