Top Ramen Noodles. - Mountain Buzz

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1

thornton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1969
Top Ramen Noodles.

I purchased a case of Top Ramen Noodles. My daughter showed me different recipes on the internet, using different flavors of broths like fish, chicken, beef and vegetable. Than add different ingredients like tofu, shiitake mushrooms or any mushrooms, vegetables, green onions, shrimp, crab, clams, smoked salmon, spinach, spices, hot sauce, boiled, eggs, etc., you really don't cook anything you just add boiling water. Quick river meal, I know I'm a steak and potato person myself too. This is suppose to be heart healthy also. I'm going out tomorrow and acquire a few of these ingredients. This picture is off the internet, looks good.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Add-Toppings-to-Ramen.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	43331  

raymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #2

plainfield, New Jersey
Paddling Since: 1995
dang! that looks great!, I tried something like that for dinner tonight, but it was not a big hit with my littles... big hit with the bigs though...
jerseyjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #3

thornton, Colorado
teaspoon of this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyjeff View Post
dang! that looks great!, I tried something like that for dinner tonight, but it was not a big hit with my littles... big hit with the bigs though...
Add a teaspoon or two of this rice seasoning to your bowl before adding the hot water, it add's a great flavor to the broth and brings all the flavors together too. Most supermarkets carry one brand or another of this type of seasoning by the oriental products.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 1 Week Ago   #4

Kalispell, Montana
Paddling Since: 1997
I was in the supermarket line between two groups of people prepping for the coronaviruspocalypse. (and my wifey and I had 2 6-packs of beer, a loaf of bread, and a bag of potatoes).

Checker dude told the guy in front of me to add three (but no more!) drops of sesame oil to his ramen to enhance the flavor. Prepping dude was like "WTF?!" and I was taking mental notes.

I too enjoy a good ramen bowl. Excellent "had a shitshow on the river and late to camp" or "took a swim and need hot broth" or "midnight and I have the drunk munchies" food.

You can add a ton of flavors and textures
  • Runny fried egg, soft-boiled or poached egg
  • Steak strips
  • frozen precooked shrimp
  • Cilantro
  • Basil
  • bean or alfalfa sprouts

I hadn't thought of smoked salmon or crab. Thanks Raymo. There are also some good vacuum-sealed foil options for tuna.
MT4Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #5

thornton, Colorado
MT4Runner, went to the grocery store and purchased a big leg of Alaskan King Crab with a claw, combined it with the Ramen Noodles, chopped green onions, fish broth, sliced Shitake mushrooms, spinach, red pepper flakes and bamboo shoots. Yes, a big bowl, I could only eat half, I will eat the rest later on tonight. I'm starting to feel healthier already. It keeps me away from roast beef, gravy and butter filled mashed potatoes. I hope this virus thing doesn't ruin river rafting this year, especially with spring run off right around the corner for all you guys.
Old 1 Week Ago   #6

thornton, Colorado
Ok, so I purchased 3 gallons of Coleman fuel, freeze dried backpacking meals, different can goods coffee, sardines, beef stew, soups, dog food, etc. tea, coco, nuts, candy and papper towels, freeze already had meat products. I'm all good on first-aid supplies, bullets, stoves, lanterns, batteries. I did not go overboard on any one thing. My kids are great, neighbors and friends are all good, picked up a few items for them also. All the fun shit is closed or going to be. Just be careful and play it safe is the name of the game for know, is what I'm thinking and to help each other.
Old 1 Week Ago   #7

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymo View Post
All the fun shit is closed or going to be. Just be careful and play it safe
That's one reason to "overstock" on alcohol.
Fly By Night is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #8

thornton, Colorado
Crown Royal.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly By Night View Post
That's one reason to "overstock" on alcohol.
My neighbor said he bought enough Crown Royal for this virus and the next 5 new virus to come down the pipeline for all of us, people helping others, I'm all in.
Old 1 Week Ago   #9

Up shites creek, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Protein of your choice, PB sauce, and crushed peanuts with the ramen. maybe with a little of that stockpile of Crown???

Have only ever had the store bought PB sauce, but this recipe looks good and fairly simple.
https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/f...sauce-51149020
Old 1 Week Ago   #10

thornton, Colorado
Made Chili for tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesimapirate View Post
Protein of your choice, PB sauce, and crushed peanuts with the ramen. maybe with a little of that stockpile of Crown???

Have only ever had the store bought PB sauce, but this recipe looks good and fairly simple.
https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/f...sauce-51149020
Thank you for that recipe, I whipped up some chili for tonight though. I have all the ingredients for the PB sauce, not fresh but should work fine for now, till things calm down. I have some pork that I will skewer with some pineapple and peppers, than cover with the peanut butter sauce, I will probably add a little Tabasco sauce to add some kick to it.

« Coronavirus Thread | - »