Top Ramen Noodles. - Page 2 - Mountain Buzz

Old 03-24-2020   #11

thornton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1969
Ok, so after 9/11, World Trader Center incident, that really screwed everything up, big time, a couple of my neighbors and I were discussing different survival situations and came to the conclusion that water was one of the most important item for a survival situation. So we each purchased three 55 gallon water barrels, well after that I kept mine, for what reason I really don't know. Well I'm glad I did, another situation I didn't think would ever happen, this virus situation, beyond my wildest dreams. Long story short, I filled all three barrels up a few days ago. I guess better safe than sorry is my thought. Not paranoid just cautious. If I end up, not needing the water I can purchase Gold Fish and make aquariums out of them. Never say never I guess. PS, I was based in Newark during the 9/11 incident and had arrived from St. Thomas the day before, on Monday the day before 9/11 and parked my aircraft at terminal A, same terminal the hijackers border the United and American airlines aircraft. I commute back to Denver on Monday the the day before the hijackings. Friends called early in the morning and woke us up, Sandy answered and they asked whether I was home or not, because an airplane just hit the World Trade Center. I thought to myself do they think I'm that bad of a pilot. Than a short time later they were discussing hijackings on the news.

raymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2020   #12

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Some of the good news is that keeping the water flowing from our taps is one of the essential tasks that is exempt from lockdown requirements.

Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency Labels “Water and Wastewater” work essential to critical infrastructure

I was channeling my inner prepper a few weeks ago and thought a bit about this stuff. My conclusion is that they'll be able to keep water and electricity flowing, & gas at the pumps. That said, if it makes you feel better to top off those water jugs in the shed it sure can't hurt anything...
Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020   #13

thornton, Colorado
Ya, Andy as you know the talk back than was insurgents tainting the water supply's and targeting our power grids and stores sold out of electric generators and other supplies. This is a different situation than the 9/11 problem for sure, just a different insurgent. I will trade you water for toilet papper, though. As you remember more great lives were lost in one day back than, than this virus has claimed to this day in the USA, hope we have no more loss.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2020   #14

Western Slope, CO, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2009
The main cause of death is life.

That's never going to change.
ColoradoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020   #15

thornton, Colorado
So today I fried some Jalapeno Spam I discovered at the grocery store and cubed it up first thought. Than I mixed in a can of refried beans and chopped onions, made a killer burrito and topped it with graded sharp cheddar cheese and salsa. My next creation, I'm going to slice some Jalapeno Spam up and saute it with ginger, brown sugar, soy sauce and sesame seed oil, lightly fry it and place it into a bowl of Ramen noodles with some vegetables and some Shitake mushrooms. I'd go outside but I can't squeeze through my outside door with all this eating and sitting.
Old 04-03-2020   #16

Westminster, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
Yum, fried Spam! It is always along on a river trip
Old 04-03-2020   #17

Kalispell, Montana
Paddling Since: 1997
Hormel Foods Corporation made the first batch of Spam in 1937.

At the rate people are eating it during the shutdown, they have made plans to produce the second batch!

raymo, ever make a Loco Moko? Hawaiian plate lunch favorite:

2 scoops sticky rice
1-2 slices fried spam
2 runny eggs
brown gravy over the whole thing

Better on the river or when you're burning calories. But..right now? Um...
MT4Runner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020   #18

Westminster, Colorado
Thanks, MT4Runner for suggesting...Loco Moko, also a river trip staple!
Old 04-03-2020   #19

thornton, Colorado
That sounds good to me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tomcat2 View Post
Thanks, MT4Runner for suggesting...Loco Moko, also a river trip staple!
I'm going to try MT4Runner's recipe. How you doing in AZ? Sandy fell and dislocated her shoulder so she is staying with our daughter, she wanted to stay with me, I told her no because she would take twice as long cooking my breakfast, lunch and dinner with one arm, can you see her trying to open my beer's for me with just one hand, she would spill. No, Jen wanted her to come over. She will come over in about a week or so.
Old 04-03-2020   #20

Westminster, Colorado
AZ is good, getting a lot done on the house, days go quickly. So sorry to hear about Sandy....please give her my best for a good recovery...and you best behave when Sandy is at your house!