The Water that Unites Us - Mountain Buzz

Old 11-08-2016   #1

cedar city, Utah
The Water that Unites Us

After a turbulent year that has been so divisive I have been learning to focus on the elements that unite our various communities. For us here, its water in its various forms and difficulties. This image popped up in my Android's feed recently and was too beautiful not to share. I had the privilege of sea kayaking the length of Glen Canyon solo over two trips. Those are some of my most prized memories in a life that has been graced with a plethora of outdoor experiences. From launching in a newly flowing river at Hite to learning to kayak sail under massive undercut alcoves miles downstream of Bullfrog, I found challenge, beauty and introspection which have long been the appeal of solo expeditions throughout my life.

I hope everyone in this community continues to experience water and rivers in the years to come. Tonight and the coming weeks are bound to provide plenty of opportunities to divide us. I hope others will share a photo or story of what binds us together.

Thanks for the years of inspiration and sharing!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jsc2016e090618.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	223.4 KB
ID:	12481  

restrac2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2016   #2

Poundtown, Wokastan
Paddling Since: 420
baseball was a nice break for me. I think both losers running for office wont be able to accomplish anything if elected. Both DEMs and GOP will distance themselves from Hillary or Trump when elected. So, no reason for me to worry about who wins or loses. Merica as usual.
Old 11-09-2016   #3
Misspellingintothefuture!

Tabernash, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Spent election day in the best possible manner I can think of, running a river with a dear friend.
Fools in Washington come and go, but "only the Mountains and the Rivers live for ever."
mattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2017   #4

Bozeman, Montana
Since the start of this new presidency, I have been trying to escape the unrelenting bombardment of political propaganda by jus sitting down and turning on the Football game. Sadly, that will all end this Sunday but it was sure nice while it lasted!
Montana Ranches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017   #5

cedar city, Utah
Didn't escape the chaos myself but have been largely distracted by first home purchase. Just got official green light from appraisal so we will start packing. That will keep me away from the politics for a good 6 weeks.

Jealous, my wife heads to New Zealand for a two week business trip three days after closing! Gives me some credit to cash in on that i hope to use on finally doing either a dirty devil or escalate trip in early April.
restrac2000 is offline   Reply With Quote