The left run club - Page 2 - Mountain Buzz

Old 07-31-2019   #11

Seattle, Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
Wild Burro, Bruneau, left of the island highwater.
But if the idea is left runs that are meatier than normal, the bigger line is the right headwall line. Left is a great sneak route and definitely works with enough flow.

For folks who've never seen Wild Burro before, do not deprive yourself of that right line experience! You'll have no doubt how it got it's name. It's one of the blindest, steepest, fastest lines I've ever seen, always leaves me grinning!

for meaty lines, how about left runs at Cable and Widowmaker?

slickhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2019   #12

coeur d alene, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1988
Iv done Snow Hole on the Lower Salmon on the left side in really low water in a raft but my ridiculous friend took it in high water last week in a 36 inch monster truck tire. It was unplanned but worked out pretty good.
snow hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019   #13

Fort Collins
"Go left and die" on the Green River is the first one that came to mind, but I think left is actually the normal run. Maybe you should go right.

https://youtu.be/LwiSikx91II
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2019   #14

Left Run

Only saw one guy do warm springs on the Yampa do it all left.
zercon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019   #15

Fraser, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by co_bjread View Post
"Go left and die" on the Green River is the first one that came to mind, but I think left is actually the normal run. Maybe you should go right.

https://youtu.be/LwiSikx91II
Oh hell ya!! Them “Beater Chodes” are crazier then I am!
I would definitely have to go right there, put my right tube in the right slot, and work my cat over the rock!
Old 08-03-2019   #16

Fraser, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by snow hole View Post
Iv done Snow Hole on the Lower Salmon on the left side in really low water in a raft but my ridiculous friend took it in high water last week in a 36 inch monster truck tire. It was unplanned but worked out pretty good.
Adding it to my list!
Ya know, I can’t go take a crap on a river trip anymore, with out that song stuck in my head...
Old 08-03-2019   #17

Fraser, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by zercon View Post
Only saw one guy do warm springs on the Yampa do it all left.
I so wanted to run left at Warm Springs last time( first time) but it would have taken a hover craft, ( low water trip) I’ll plan to send it next time.

I did run left at Big Joe, and that was really fun, tight up against the rock, and hauling ass so I wouldn’t get surfed.
Old 08-03-2019   #18

Fraser, Colorado
Keep em coming!
Old 08-03-2019   #19

Fort Collins, Colorado
My river mentor Chris Wilcox once gave us sage words of wisdom:
"If you have an ounce of character you will run straight down the middle of Hermit."
almortal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019   #20

Fraser, Colorado
Middle run club?
R.D.T.F.M?