The Greatest Generation versus the most selfish Americans - Page 2 - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Other Chatter > The Eddy

Old 04-20-2020   #11

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1974
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tomcat2 View Post
I believe it is not about bullying or shaming, how we treat each
other now might just be the new “normal” and I for one, would
gladly welcome some peace in our world
Sorry, you are right. I should not have suggested that you do what I do.

I want to get beyond this. Hyper vigilance is working. It just doesn't seem that in some cases friendly persuasion which is what our authorities are doing, has worked.

Can this situation be compared to WW2 some ask? Yes, because a very unified government, all parties at all levels, has acknowledged this pandemic and relatively politely asked us to come together as a nation to defeat a common enemy.

During WW2 and other times stern words where used against people who worked against or did not cooperate in the war effort. There truly was frequent social shaming(or perhaps call it verbal bullying). People who had love ones fighting and dying on the front lines I imagine were most vocal. I have friends/relatives who are fighting but fortunately not dying yet who are in the ICU front lines of this war. They are fighting in the trenches for us and I stand with them when possible. See below from yesterday in Denver. This shouldn't be the new normal. That is, people who get it and people who clearly don't.

So why am I so vocal about this? At this time when people say things like question authority, I am going anyway, this is a government conspiracy; I consider it equivalent to putting tire tracks across this health care workers back in the photo below.

Sheeple,
Ron
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Denver 20200419.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	45243  

GeoRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2020   #12

Golden, Colorado
I know some people are going to say "how dare this health care worker block traffic". Actually, it was the anti-patriots in the cars who were. The anti-patriots called it "operation gridlock" and they drove their cars to a major intersection and stopped therefore blocking all traffic. This healthcare worker was simply standing in a crosswalk between cars that were blocking traffic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Denver 20200419_2.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	133.0 KB
ID:	45249  
Old 04-24-2020   #13

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Yeah...that guy in scrubs has been proven to be just that...no "front line health care workers" in those pics.

Remember the story they fed us about increasing numbers of ventilators before the "peak"...slowing the spread...its the reason the federal government closed out every small business from the market, and told us all to sit and spin.

Yeah that was a lie. Two weeks ago I was informed by my "frontline blahs blahs blah" neighbor that they were killing more people due to inducing a coma and shoving tubes down your throat, steps necessary for vent usage, and that we'd start hearing a different story coming from the media...mainly touting this incredible reduction in covid fatality.

They just now started reporting on it - https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKCN2251PE

I posted this on my FB two weeks ago and got called all kinds of shit... it has been nice sharing this article with them.
k2andcannoli is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2020   #14

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Classic, this is in every elevator at Denver Health now.

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2020/04/...-ceo-pay-cuts/

Actually read the article. It lists names and dollar values for bonuses.

Nurses aren't coming to work because they're scared shitless of leaving their kids with their parents so they are staying home taking care of their kids. Furlough people anyway and take the cash. Classic.

One other thing, flattening the curve doesn't mean that people won't get sick. Regardless of how much you flatten and lengthen the curve its the same area under the curve. Ya'll are getting sick or already have been.
theusualsuspect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020   #15

Golden, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2andcannoli View Post
Yeah...that guy in scrubs has been proven to be just that...no "front line health care workers" in those pics.

Remember the story they fed us about increasing numbers of ventilators before the "peak"...slowing the spread...its the reason the federal government closed out every small business from the market, and told us all to sit and spin.

Yeah that was a lie. Two weeks ago I was informed by my "frontline blahs blahs blah" neighbor that they were killing more people due to inducing a coma and shoving tubes down your throat, steps necessary for vent usage, and that we'd start hearing a different story coming from the media...mainly touting this incredible reduction in covid fatality.

They just now started reporting on it - https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKCN2251PE

I posted this on my FB two weeks ago and got called all kinds of shit... it has been nice sharing this article with them.
No one seems to know who the mysterious hero in scrubs is. Do you know? If you do let me know so that I can thank him.

The symbolism of a man defying the selfish americans who seem to hate their country is all that matters. Frankly, like 10's of millions of fellow Americans, I wish it were me standing there representing the true heros of our country at this time, healthcare workers.

Please, we already have one quack saying things like take hydroxychoroquine what do you have to lose, stick light bulbs down your throat, drink lysol, etc. FYI I'm talking about DJT. Perhaps exaggerated a bit for understanding and emphasize. The response you got was likely not so much what you said but that it was a COVID-19 denier saying it. For example, maybe DJT says something that is true once in a blue moon but I'd never know because almost everything he says is not credible.

With COVID-19, it is new and there is much learning going on. Standard treatments for respiratory failure may or may not be helpful for everybody who can't breath. But believe me, no one is looking to a COVID-19 denier for divine guidance in this matter.

So maybe you did or didn't get something right. My Polish grandfather would say, "even a blind hog gets apples". Maybe you can enjoy an apple this time, by luck alone. Actually, you are claiming credit for what your "frontline blahs blahs blah" neighbor told you. So you get no apple today.
Old 04-24-2020   #16

Golden, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by theusualsuspect View Post
Classic, this is in every elevator at Denver Health now.

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2020/04/...-ceo-pay-cuts/

Actually read the article. It lists names and dollar values for bonuses.

Nurses aren't coming to work because they're scared shitless of leaving their kids with their parents so they are staying home taking care of their kids. Furlough people anyway and take the cash. Classic.

One other thing, flattening the curve doesn't mean that people won't get sick. Regardless of how much you flatten and lengthen the curve its the same area under the curve. Ya'll are getting sick or already have been.
Yep, classic. The usual type suspect that has gotta find a boogeyman and deflect blame. Those were 2019 bonuses. The article continues on to question whether there will be 2020 bonuses. You should see what corporate officers in oil and gas companies get for bonuses. Especially just after an O&G company declares bankruptcy. These bonuses are relatively modest. I know because my SO was a compliance officer in O&G companies. Besides you being a libertarian should have no problem with free market capitalism and rewards based on value and contribution. These people aren't part of a welfare state, they worked hard for an appropriate education and they work hard for a living. They did right for themselves.

I won't be looking to you for epidemiological enlightenment. Lets just consider what we have learned in the last month about treating this bug(e.g. to ventilate or not), how much more time we've had to satisfy supplies and testing demands, perfecting hyper vigilance and that we are perhaps that much closer to a vaccine. Far, far, far, far, far fewer people will die than if we had front loaded the death count and overwhelmed the healthcare system rather than to have flattened the curve. So, the area under curve is much smaller because so many factors have changed for a better outcome.
Old 04-24-2020   #17

Klamath Falls, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1998
Quote:
Originally Posted by DidNotWinLottery View Post
We may loose HUNDREDS of millions world wide to this media and Politically driven financial apocalypse. It is the sheeple going along with a terrifying and historic removal of rights not seen since Nazi Germany for a virus that could be managed with reasonable methods, such as isolated the vulnerable while the rest gain herd immunity. The only good I see out this may be the long awaited rise of the Libertarian party.
Hey, can you post a link to your source for this information?
kfalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020   #18

Golden, Colorado
Foxnews op ed or Rush Limbaugh?
Old 04-24-2020   #19

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoRon View Post
Yep, classic. The usual type suspect that has gotta find a boogeyman and deflect blame. Those were 2019 bonuses. The article continues on to question whether there will be 2020 bonuses. You should see what corporate officers in oil and gas companies get for bonuses. Especially just after an O&G company declares bankruptcy. These bonuses are relatively modest. I know because my SO was a compliance officer in O&G companies. Besides you being a libertarian should have no problem with free market capitalism and rewards based on value and contribution. These people aren't part of a welfare state, they worked hard for an appropriate education and they work hard for a living. They did right for themselves.

I won't be looking to you for epidemiological enlightenment. Lets just consider what we have learned in the last month about treating this bug(e.g. to ventilate or not), how much more time we've had to satisfy supplies and testing demands, perfecting hyper vigilance and that we are perhaps that much closer to a vaccine. Far, far, far, far, far fewer people will die than if we had front loaded the death count and overwhelmed the healthcare system rather than to have flattened the curve. So, the area under curve is much smaller because so many factors have changed for a better outcome.
I'm aware when the bonuses were. I get them too. I'm also aware how much money people make. The optics are bad, and when the next article comes out that people are continuing to get large salaries for doing little to no work or aren't coming to work at all because those same people made those decisions perhaps your opinions will change. Do they earn them, yes they're entitled to them contractually. I cashed mine in March for 2019, but I was also the first one to take a haircut for the people underneath me this year.

I'm no libertarian. The curve represents people needing healthcare, that area isn't shrinking, its getting longer. The longer it is the easier it is to get into a hospital. Go ahead, they're wide open and ready to take you. There won't be a vaccine for a long time so yes, you will most likely be exposed or get sick in the next year before you can get your injection. It's around the hospital everyday, but don't worry Ron, I wash my hands before I go to the grocery store and get that package of strawberries thats next to the one you're grabbing.

There's no boogeyman and I certainly don't need your pity or any financial advice. My point is the people getting crushed by this in healthcare are getting it from both ends and it sucks for them. I'm not one of those people getting squeezed but I feel for them. You should too because they actually care about your health and want to take care of you.
theusualsuspect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020   #20

Golden, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by theusualsuspect View Post
The curve represents people needing healthcare, that area isn't shrinking, its getting longer. The longer it is the easier it is to get into a hospital. Go ahead, they're wide open and ready to take you. There won't be a vaccine for a long time so yes, you will most likely be exposed or get sick in the next year before you can get your injection.
I'm sorry if I got you confused with the COVID-19 deniers and libertarians. The ones that think that this nasty bug is taking away forever their civil liberties and permanently destroying our way of life. Your post kinda had that gut feel. Must have been the leftover spicy burrito I had for lunch. I understand your perspective better now.

There are lots of curves. All of them are a snap shot of best approximations at a given moment. Early on many concerned the need for heath care and why we should flatten the curve. Without a supporting link, actions have been taken that will substantially reduce total hospitalizations relative to model curves of mid March. (However, over confidence may result in many mountains in the curves so all bets off.)

Below is a graph Andy provided in an adjacent thread. It clearly demonstrates how specific enforcements of hyper vigilance results in different outcomes which is why the areas under curves vary.
https://cdn.jamanetwork.com/ama/cont...5G5CRDK6RD3PGA

The idea for me is to stay out of the hospital anyway I can. I may get it but being 65 I hate the odds concerning the outcome. No buddy considers the odds of Russian Roulette very good. Therefore it will be my job to be a good citizen and continue to exercise all of the best practices to not get infected.

I saw in today's news that the first vaccine is being tested in humans so progress is being made.