gh

pnw, Colorado
So the country will be ran from SLC?

Exclusive: Brigham Young

Advertisement

Old 08-27-2012   #2

Park City, Utah
Paddling Since: 1985
Same was said of JFK when he was elected.

Religous bigotry is not cool from either side of the aisle. As a guy who has spent most of his life surrounded by the LDS, I think religous concerns surrounding either candidate are pretty damn slimey.
Old 08-27-2012   #3
gh

pnw, Colorado
Politics is a slimy business.
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2012   #4

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
No, the country will continue to be run by Wall St and the pentagon -- regardless of who is elected this November.
marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012   #5
gh

pnw, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada View Post
Religous bigotry is not cool from either side of the aisle. As a guy who has spent most of his life surrounded by the LDS, I think religous concerns surrounding either candidate are pretty damn slimey.
Interesting that you would read my title and the article and decide that it is religious bigotry. I saw two points in the article, a woman who decided to leave the LDS church due to her feelings about the church. The second point was indicating the influence of the church on Romneys politics. That was the portion of the article that concerned me and I thought I indicated it in my title. This paragraph in particular.

Quote:
Will he be more beholden to his church than to the American people? Emmett recalls that when Romney was stake president in the church, he was pro-life. But when he was running for governor he changed his position to pro-choice. A woman in the church who was a good friend of Emmett’s went to see Romney and thanked him for changing his position. “He told her that he had talked to church leaders in Salt Lake,” Emmett says, “and that they gave him permission to change his position.”
If any presidential candidate shows evidence that he must check with a religious group before deciding government policy, that concerns me. I believe in separation of church and state and would like that to continue. This woman had the option to leave the church, I would hate to see that go away.

Now if we eliminate that, we can concentrate on separation of Wall Street and State.
Old 08-27-2012   #6

Bozeman, Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko View Post
No, the country will continue to be run by Wall St and the pentagon -- regardless of who is elected this November.
Good I love America!
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012   #7

Denver, Colorado
Which version of America do you love, mike?
marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko View Post
Thank you for this moment of sanity.
farp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012   #9
sh$t show voyeuor/host

Barnard(Marshall), North Carolina
Paddling Since: wen?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gh View Post
I was really looking forward to reading this article but I have been too busy. Tried to check it out today and the link is broken. I wonder if this was intentional or if I am just being paranoid. can anyone hook me up with another source for the article, or even tell me who wrote and/or published it?
matt cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012   #10
gh

pnw, Colorado
I checked to be sure and I can get there. Works just fine, might be a browser error.

its on thedailybeast.com