Salida restaurants with vegan options - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Other Chatter > The Eddy

Old 02-09-2014   #1

Lakewood, Colorado
Salida restaurants with vegan options

I'll be in Salida for the next week for work and need to find some vegan-friendly restaurants. I'm hoping to not eat Subway & Taco Bell every day. Any suggestions? I usually have the best luck at ethnic restaurants, especially Indian, Japanese, and Thai.

Thanks!

mjpowhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2014   #2

x, x
Paddling Since: x
"yo,yo... nothing like a bowl of salad after a 50" week of skiing eh?"

jokes aside, It's been a while...

I am far from vegan, as my waist line will imply, but there is a mexican place on 50 right out of town that is good and fair priced. Also the grocery stores in Salida are really good.

There are 2 organic style bread and produce places across from the safeway, and the safeway too, has a good selection of organic products/produce/grain.

Bring your boat too, if you have a short amt. of free time, the park was free of ice and at a fun low flow. The skiing at Monarch right now is.... whoah BTW's and i'm willing to bet you could MTB somewhere... sounds rough.

hope family is well, take care
bobbuilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014   #3

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Sweeties bakery and deli is a great place for lunch. Can't really vouche for vegan options but Ferraro's has good Italian, Laughing Ladies and The Fritz are probably worth checking...possibly Currents? Little Cambodia attached to the Vic....
lmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2014   #4
gh

pnw, Colorado
What are you getting at taco bell that is vegan?
Old 02-09-2014   #5

salida, Colorado
Ploughboy is across from Safeway and has a great selection...cash only, Little Cambodia is a solid choice, a deli on 50 and G, there is also sunshine market across from there. laughing ladies blows chunks. cafe across from the skate park....walk around you'll find something
psu96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014   #6

Lakewood, Colorado
Thanks for the tips.

gh, bean burrito & tostada, hold the cheese.
mjpowhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014   #7
gh

pnw, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpowhound View Post
Thanks for the tips.

gh, bean burrito & tostada, hold the cheese.
hmm, ok.
Old 02-10-2014   #8

Buena Vista, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by psu96 View Post
Ploughboy is across from Safeway and has a great selection...cash only, Little Cambodia is a solid choice, a deli on 50 and G, there is also sunshine market across from there. laughing ladies blows chunks. cafe across from the skate park....walk around you'll find something
I agree on Laughing Ladies, I just figured they would be the type of place that would have vegan options on the menu. I'm not a fan of the coffee shop/cafe across from the skatepark, had a pretty foul breakfast burrito from there about a year ago...might want to check out Shallots also...
Old 02-11-2014   #9

Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1986
Hwy 50 restaurants generally cater to highway traffic, aside from the Mexican joints, I don't go out there often. You're on your own on the strip.

Plenty of good options downtown all within a block of F and Sackett near Riverside Park. You will find something at all of them. Currents, Fritz, the Thai place in the Vic, Benson's, both river front places, and Ferraros are all good. Not sure about why the Laughing Ladies got such poor reviews here, I've always had good experiences there. Cafe not known for their food, but they slay it with the coffee.

The play waves at the bridge are generally clear of ice most of the winter, we see boaters there every month, same with the MTB trails that start right there. Monarch got over 10' over the last two weekends, but town has next to nothing as far as snow. Forecast looks to be warmer over the next week, skiing, boating (ya, ELF, but ...), and biking are all viable rec options. Epic skiing so far in Feb.
DoStep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014   #10

Buena Vista, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoStep View Post
Epic skiing so far in Feb.
Indeed, but don't plan on skiing on the weekend after fresh snow unless you get there by 8 am...the marketing department has been doing a little too good of a job with their advertising campaign IMO and they have been maxing out their facilities and turning people away more often each year.