Rush: Voice of GOP or Painful Ass Cyst? - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Other Chatter > The Eddy

Old 03-05-2009   #1

Little Village, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Rush: Voice of GOP or Painful Ass Cyst?

The Rush Limbaugh Tragicomedy Show continues unabated. Is El Rushblow the true leader of the GOP or just a massive, pus-filled pilonidal cyst on the ass of the Party of Nancy Reagan ("Just Say NO!")?*

A few "brave" Republicans have stepped forward to criticize the King of the Dittoheads, only to recant their criticisms and kowtow before the Mighty Cyst King when they realized that his 20 million brainless fans were upset. No question that Jabber the Hut has a huge constituency, but they are unquestionably a Confederacy of Dunces.

Of course there is a Massive Leftwing Conspiracy to encourage this internecine warfare among the Party of the Damned. The GOP revealed its gigantic, squishy, grotesque Rush Underbelly, and the partisans pounced with enthusiasm. Are they meanies, or just taking advantage of an obvious weakness of the directionless opposition? Are they exploiting the pathetic, weak-willed submissiveness to the Anal Cyst King? In a word, yes!

In a time of national crisis and austerity after 30 years on nonstop self-regulation, deregulation and shamelessly lax regulation, El Rushblow is the ultimate posterboy for selfish excess. It's not just his 475 piggish pounds of sweaty, drug-addled self-indulgence. It's the GOP's cult-like addiction to his simplistic worldview of "Me, Me, Me and by the way, fuck you." It's their embrace of his myopic regurgitation of even-more-myopic bumper sticker slogans like, "Your mortgage is not my problem".

Meanwhile, the majority of Americans are shaking their heads in revulsion at the emasculated minions of the Anal Cyst King. We only wish that the emperor had some clothes. Nobody wants to look that nastiness.

* Rush Limbaugh got out of serving in Vietnam because of an "inoperable pilonidal cyst" lurking in the frightening, fatty folds his massive ass.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ltt090305.gif
Views:	133
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	1094  

Advertisement

Old 03-05-2009   #2
Self-Aggrandizing jackass

The Ranch, Colorado
Paddling Since: 04
First, nice inclusion of 'internecine'... One of my favorite words.
Second, I actually have a pilonidal cyst... It's a little uncomfortable to see a birth defect equated so readily with filth and gluttony, but hey, I realize you're taking artistic license. It ain't Rush's fault he has a birth defect (that being said, mine didn't keep me out of the Army and combat).

Third: GOP and Painful Ass Cyst are redundant terms, are they not?

Fourth: I don't know what your stance on drug addiction is in general, but I've always thought it unfair to deride Rush for his addiction period. You win the battle against his character on obesity and marriages alone

But on to your general point, I agree that it's absolutely fascinating to watch people recant their criticisms of El Rushbo and kiss his ring. The new RNC chair is clearly a weak figure-head compared to Rush.

I have found it to be egregious hypocrisy that T-heads of the right have disparriaged the left for wanting to end misguided operations in Iraq and Afghanistan calling such desire for prudence "Surrender" and equating that with 'hoping America fails.' Now here we see them out-and-out say they want the administration to fail, but THEY're the patriots?

Onward ho.

I personally think the GOP is completely and utterly lost. Unless and until a better spokesperson emerges for the brand than Rush/Hannity, that brand is doomed
Old 03-05-2009   #3

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Good points, Helio. While I am watching the GOP internal identity struggle with a perverse, voyeuristic fascination (think car/train/plane crash), I believe the Dems are making a big mistake to fuel the Rush/GOP duel. Most people could care less who Rush is or what he says. Most people want our government focused on the economy and real, substantive issues. Rush, in my estimation, is a big, dumb distraction. Emphasis on big and dumb.
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2009   #4

The Ranch, Colorado
GOP congress members now less popular than Chinese Communists...

Quote:
Quote:
Chris Bowers got the idea of comparing the results Gallup got when it asked “Do you approve or disapprove of the way the Republicans in Congress are handling their job” and the results it got when it asked “‘d like your overall opinion of some foreign countries. Is your overall opinion of [see below] very favorable, mostly favorable, mostly unfavorable, or very unfavorable?”

This is a bit unfair since the question wording isn’t really equivalent. But still.
You can't do much worse than that unless Hitler surpasses you...
Old 03-05-2009   #5

Little Village, Colorado
Maybe if the Congressional Republicans got some Mao caps and jackets, their numbers would improve. It's not as weird as it sounds, since the Chinese have become some of the most ruthless capitalists on the planet. Boehner and McConnell might look pretty sharp with a Mao Makeover. Shit, there might even be a pretty cool reality TV series in it. Gotta remember to e-mail Steele some storyboards.
Old 03-05-2009   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by heliodorus04 View Post
Unless and until a better spokesperson emerges for the brand than Rush/Hannity, that brand is doomed
^^I agree with this

Quote:
Originally Posted by DurangoSteve View Post
Most people want our government focused on the economy and real, substantive issues. Rush, in my estimation, is a big, dumb distraction. Emphasis on big and dumb.
^^And this

Quote:
I believe the Dems are making a big mistake to fuel the Rush/GOP duel. Most people could care less who Rush is or what he says.
^^Therefore, I don't agree with this. The Dems are on the money trying to fan the flames of this grease fire. There are a lot of ignorant people in this country who are eager to take in Mr. Creosote's vomitus. That's why Steele backed-down. If he would have done the right thing and put Lush Eightball in his place, the ongoing feud would help to further divide a severely weakened party.
mouflon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009   #7

Little Village, Colorado
Perfect. Just perfect.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3332633185_5234bd28a2_o.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	139.8 KB
ID:	1103  
Old 03-06-2009   #8

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1984
Quote:
I believe the Dems are making a big mistake to fuel the Rush/GOP duel. Most people could care less who Rush is or what he says. Most people want our government focused on the economy and real, substantive issues. Rush, in my estimation, is a big, dumb distraction. Emphasis on big and dumb.
I think there's one more angle at play - Rush's ego is notorious; but as mentioned, his appeal is limited to the furthest right-wing fringe of the party. By legitimizing Rush, the Dems are only giving him more power on that far right side; not in the middle, where the Republican Party needs traction.

So what happens when a GOP leader (an electable leader, that is, not a talk show host) finally steps up to try to take control of the party? They're going to have to take Rush down from a higher level than he's traditionally played, and the party has to be swung further back from the marginal far-right wing for it to pull together an electable platform. And rush, given his bloated ego & power (handed to him by the GOP and by the Dems), will resist any pull towards the middle. After all, he's the de facto leader, right? That yet-to-be known future GOP leader is going to have to first contend with a non-candidate, drug-addled firebrand with more power than he should have, before he/she goes after his/her own agenda. Ouch.

I think this is a brilliant move by Carville et al to keep the GOP fractured and marginalized to its extreme edges, in a time when they need to coalesce. Ever had a baitcaster fishing reel overrun and 'birdsnest' on you? You usually have to make a few more knots before getting it untangled. The Dems just grabbed a loop and yanked hard.

It is a gamble, though. If Obama's agenda fails, this extreme edge may just gain an edge they should never have. I still have a hard time believing that the GOP can appeal to the 'Middle' by 2012.
El Flaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009   #9

other side, of the mountain
Paddling Since: 1994
The Rush Limbaugh Tragicomedy Show continues unabated as there is still freedom of speach in this country, well, until your messiah and his "fairness doctrine" rewrite the First Ammendment to the Constitution to greatly favor the liberal media. Rush is alive and well as he has an extremely large audience, something that liberal talk show hosts have not been able to create. Why is that? Every liberal talk show has failed, one by one... for a reason. Why is that?
Smurfwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009   #10

The Ranch, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfwarrior View Post
Every liberal talk show has failed, one by one... for a reason. Why is that?
Because liberals know how to think for themselves and being spoon-fed ideas by opiate-addicts is inherently distasteful?