Regular Joe, doin' the war thang... - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Other Chatter > The Eddy

Old 01-13-2009   #1

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Regular Joe, doin' the war thang...

America's favorite unlicensed plumber has parlayed his McCain campaign "fame" into a "reporting" gig for PajamasTV (http://www.pjtv.com/).

Joe the Unlicensed Plumber is in Israel on a mission. The campaign trail celebrity went to war to correct what he saw as a glaring oversight in the journalism field: "They're supposed to bring the news to you unbiased," Joe said. "They're supposed to actually report it and then let you make your opinion ... What I can provide are actual real questions and get real answers. I'm not talking manufactured answers, I'm not talking soundbites...And uh, not giving it any kind of slants."

Wow.

Let's see how Joe does "interviewing" an Israeli reporter, shall we?

JOE: The story here is people are being killed and the media's slanting it and trying to make it Hamas is, uh, as far as, that Israel's being bad. Do you believe Israel is bad?

REPORTER: Do I believe it?

JOE: Yeah, do you?!

REPORTER: I'm Israeli, so...

JOE: So answer the question!

REPORTER: No, I don't think Israel is bad.

JOE: Do you think Israel has every right to protect itself?

REPORTER: Yeah.
[pause]

JOE: You do?!

REPORTER: Yeah.

JOE: Have you said that on air?

REPORTER: I'm just a reporter.

Apparently the befuddled Israeli reporter takes Joe's advice to heart. You know the..."They're supposed to actually report it and then let you make your opinion." But Joe doesn't.

As if the world wasn't surreal enough, now we've got a complete dipshit from Ohio who can't even construct a complete sentence pretending to be a journalist. This may be a sign of the End Times.

Or... it could just be a pathetic website hiring a pathetic imbecile to engage in pathetic "journalism" because he's got "name recognition."

Advertisement

Old 01-14-2009   #2

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
What a moron. I wonder where McCain dug him up. Hopefully Peter Jennings comes back from the dead and castrates him with a rusty hedge clipper.
Demosthenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009   #3

Florence, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Hey, if Al Franken can be a Senator, I don't know why Joe can't be a journalist.
TimberTroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2009   #4

Durango, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimberTroll View Post
Hey, if Al Franken can be a Senator, I don't know why Joe can't be a journalist.
Sure, why not? America needs more semi-literate boneheads jabbering on the TV!

Al Franken, graduated Cum Laude from Harvard

Joe the Plumber, graduated from Springfield High School, Toledo, OH
Old 01-15-2009   #5

Florence, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by DurangoSteve View Post
Sure, why not? America needs more semi-literate boneheads jabbering on the TV!

Al Franken, graduated Cum Laude from Harvard

Joe the Plumber, graduated from Springfield High School, Toledo, OH
George Bush - Harvard MBA

I wouldn't place too much stock in formal education, or lack thereof. I've listened to Al on Air America, and I don't think he has any business representing anybody. Apparently a whole lot of Minnesotans think otherwise.
Old 01-15-2009   #6

Durango, Colorado
Good comeback! That MBA is baffling.

I thought Franken was funny as hell on Saturday Night Live and I did enjoy his books "Rush Limbaugh is a Big, Fat Idiot" and "Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them." Never bothered to listen to Air America.

Minnesota elected Jesse Ventura. Now it appears they have elected Al Franken. Could it be that sustained subzero temperatures cause brain damage? Perhaps we should look to Alaska for answers...
Old 01-15-2009   #7

Florence, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by DurangoSteve View Post
Could it be that sustained subzero temperatures cause brain damage? Perhaps we should look to Alaska for answers...
I may disagree with the Palin bashing, but this made me laugh.
Old 01-15-2009   #8

Durango, Colorado
I've actually met Jesse Ventura and, despite what it may seem, he is actually an articulate, intelligent guy.
Old 01-15-2009   #9

Durango, Colorado
An articulate, intelligent pro wrassler? Shit, you're absolutely ruining one of my favorite preconceived notions. Actually, that's not entirely true. In junior high I played football with the son of "Dick the Bruiser," a pro wrassler from long ago. He was an incredibly savvy bidnessman. Pretty damned rich, actually.
Old 01-15-2009   #10

Durango, Colorado
I've only watched pro-wrestling on TV a couple of times, and I can't say that I was 100% sober, but it really seemed to be more of a coreographed show than an actual sport. I'd guess that alot of those guys are actually pretty intelligent showmen, sort of like Emminem.