Presidential Race 2016 - Mountain Buzz

Old 12-18-2015   #1
Old Guy in a PFD

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1967
Presidential Race 2016

It's December, the rivers are frozen, the boats are covered, snow is deeper than an Elk's butt in the mountains and Schutzie is bored.

He thought about taking a vacation to somewhere warm.
He thought about just hibernating.
He thought about skiing.

Nope. While all these things would be fun, there just isn't enough drama to satisfy this old fart.

So;

For 2016 who do you like, who do you fear, what would be the best President/Vice President ticket from your corner of the spectrum.

For my part I know two things; I don't want Trump and I don't want Clinton. Otherwise, I'm open to suggestions.

Schutzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2015   #2

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Political talk eh? Your likely to rouse some old eddy trolls from their caves with this one...

I'd rather discuss why you don't consider Tuscon warm, and why no skiing? I'd love to spend a few days down there in shorts and flip flops right about now....
lmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015   #3

Steamboat, Colorado
I vote Schutzie for Prez.
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2015   #4

As of today, Clinton or Sanders. I would have been ok with Graham, but he dropped out this morning. The rest of the republican candidates have positions I disagree with on economic issues, which are the most important to me. Especially climate change.
jaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015   #5
Old Guy in a PFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by soggy_tortillas View Post
I vote Schutzie for Prez.
Actually, Schutzie has a platform for that!

For the record, I don't like any of the candidates.
But, think about this. Trump as VP and in charge of reducing the debt and controlling the deficit. Seen the idea kicked around. Not that Trump would ever go for it.
Old 12-27-2015   #6

Uzbekibekistanstan, Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schutzie View Post
Actually, Schutzie has a platform for that!

For the record, I don't like any of the candidates.
But, think about this. Trump as VP and in charge of reducing the debt and controlling the deficit. Seen the idea kicked around. Not that Trump would ever go for it.
Have you seen his tax plan? That's a joke, right? Trump's tax plan would add $24.5 trillion to the national debt. We're so idiotic as a country that we deserve bad things to happen to us... I give up!

Trump’s Tax Cuts Would Add $24.5 Trillion to the Debt | The Fiscal Times
Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015   #7
Old Guy in a PFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
Have you seen his tax plan? That's a joke, right? Trump's tax plan would add $24.5 trillion to the national debt. We're so idiotic as a country that we deserve bad things to happen to us... I give up!

Trump’s Tax Cuts Would Add $24.5 Trillion to the Debt | The Fiscal Times
Well, first of all, some additional research will show that no one has enough specifics to predict what any candidates tax plan would do to the deficit, or the debt. The Fiscal times isn't my first choice for this kind of thing in any case.

Anyway, if the job of balancing the budget and reducing the debt without cutting entitlement programs was the mission, I'd pick Trump out of all the current pack to get the job done.

As for me, I ain't giving up, even if Hillary gets the office. I think it would be disaster and if nothing else we'd have to hide the interns, but we've survived worse.

I don't know who would be worse; Clinton or Trump in the oval office. I'm more interested in who they will pick for running mate. Given the attitude in the country and the enemy at the gate, being President is looking more like a job with a target on your back than ever before. And, if you remember your civics classes, if the President can't serve, the VP gets the job.

Perhaps therein lies our greatest hope?
Old 12-30-2015   #8
LSB
Renaissance Redneck

Huson, Montana
Paddling Since: 1988
Neither one of them can possibly win. Trump is a buffoon and there is no way this country will elect a woman yet, especially that one. Hillerys best chance would be if Trump were her opponent but there is just too much anti Clinton BS being spewed ever since Bill was in there watching Monica flick her bean with his cigar. It really doesn't matter who wins anyway. None of those Washington royalty are going to do anything for anyone except their donors. The show is all about the illusion of a democracy while the masses argue about whether guys should be allowed to marry other guys.
Old 12-30-2015   #9

Rivertown, West Virginia
Paddling Since: 9:45
No truer words have been spoken. This country is divided between the rich and the poor. And the poor is everyone making less than 500000 a year. They use republican and democrat to keep us divided. Once anyone is elected they automatically move into the rich category. Good luck America.
Old 01-10-2016   #10

Jenks, Oklahoma
plus one for Curtis catman's statement
okieboater is offline   Reply With Quote