Positive on McCain? - Mountain Buzz

Old 09-24-2008   #1
gh

pnw, Colorado
Positive on McCain?

There are a couple of you that are very vocal about what bashing Obama but not very much evidence to support your choice. Maybe you are just stirring the pot but I would like to understand. Now I am going to try to be objective about your answers but I sit here and wonder what you could possibly say that supports that decision and if you feel like bonus points, please tell me why you voted for Bush and if/why you still support him. No BS answers please, I would really like to understand.

Advertisement

Old 09-24-2008   #2
Kayak/SUP Instructor

The High Ground, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by gh View Post
No BS answers please, I would really like to understand.
What's a BS answer?
Old 09-24-2008   #3
cma

Boulder
Quote:
Originally Posted by gh View Post
There are a couple of you that are very vocal about what bashing Obama but not very much evidence to support your choice. Maybe you are just stirring the pot but I would like to understand. Now I am going to try to be objective about your answers but I sit here and wonder what you could possibly say that supports that decision and if you feel like bonus points, please tell me why you voted for Bush and if/why you still support him. No BS answers please, I would really like to understand.
I am unaffiliated, I voted for Clinton 2x and I voted for Bush the 1st time.. Tipper and the PMRC blew it Gore with me. I did not vote the 2nd time, I could not vote for Bush and I could not stomach voting for Kerry.

I just have to say, I have been against Obama and I am against McCain, they both suck, both parties suck and if anyone thinks that anyone in DC cares about them they are deluding themselves. Read the first chapter of the new Thomas Friedman book.. the politicians have wasted the last 7 years playing "Stupid as we wanna be". If Obama wanted my support he could have stood up in front of the Senate 3 years ago when he got in there and gave one of his rousing speeches to unify congress to stand up and work for the people of the US.. did he? Hell, has he even done it since he came up with the mantra of change? He could have done it yesterday, he could have done it today.. Did he? HELL NO BECAUSE LIKE THE REST OF THE TURDS IN DC HE COULD CARE FUCKING LESS!! If he had done this one thing, just get up once and address the Senate, give one of his speeches, he would be locked in.. all he had to do is show me that he really wants to change the way America works. He has been there 3.75 years and has yet to show a sinngle instance of how he would like to change America.. WHAT IS HE WAITING FOR? McCain? What do I have to say about him? What can you say.. nothing. Have fun voting for either of these clowns, the next 4 years will be just as bad as the last 7.75.

Not exactly sure what Bush has to do with this, he is not running.

They all make me absolutely sick, I have never been as disgusted with politics and presidential candidates until this year.. Why can't we re-elect Bill, at least he made sense, talked to both sides and got shit done.. and he still does.

I don't even know why I look at this forum anymore.. the majority of you guys are blind followers spewing the ramblings of various left wing organizations.. truely sad and no different than Rush Limbaugh Ditto Heads. I don't have to say anything about McCain because we all know he sucks, but all you blind followers of Obama, what in the last 3 years has he done in the senate to make your life better? How many times has he addressed his comrades on both sides of the aisle and put his party aside for the good of the people and the country? What change has he innstigated, surely he has the right and the oportunity to submit a bill of any sort.. right? You want to know why it is a neck and neck tie? Because he has not done this, the public will not blindly follow talk that is not followed up by action, we are sick of talkers and name callers.

The Dems could have this in the bag.. All he has to do is show us..
cma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2008   #4
no tengo

Baytopia, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1876
CMA kinda hit it on the head, Kerry sucked and was not a compelling competitor to Bush (as bad as he is). Gore was alright and actually did win but not technically. Honestly McCain was the best choice over Bush in 2000, but now McCain has become McSame or McChicken or whatever and Obama is a very compelling choice, especially with John being so old and scary Palin being the next in line.
mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008   #5
cma

Boulder
By the way.. This was from 2005 and from McCain..

GovTrack: Senate Record: FEDERAL HOUSING ENTERPRISE REGULATORY REFORM... (109-s20060525-16)
Old 09-24-2008   #6

Denver, Colorado
CMA,

Quote:
I did not vote the 2nd time, I could not vote for Bush and I could not stomach voting for Kerry.
Because you are unfortunately susceptible to Roveian politics. Recognize it. Deal with it.

Quoting Thomas Friedman gets no points from me. He's an asshole. We are all in a world of shit if his plan for a flat world becomes reality.
" + title + "

Quote:
If Obama wanted my support he could have stood up in front of the Senate 3 years ago when he got in there and gave one of his rousing speeches to unify congress to stand up and work for the people of the US.. did he? Hell, has he even done it since he came up with the mantra of change? He could have done it yesterday, he could have done it today.. Did he? HELL NO BECAUSE LIKE THE REST OF THE TURDS IN DC HE COULD CARE FUCKING LESS!! If he had done this one thing, just get up once and address the Senate, give one of his speeches, he would be locked in.. all he had to do is show me that he really wants to change the way America works. He has been there 3.75 years and has yet to show a sinngle instance of how he would like to change America.. WHAT IS HE WAITING FOR?
What exactly do you want him to say? You think Friedman has YOUR best interest at heart? HAAA!! You are delusional.

Quote:
blind followers of Obama
I listen to more right wing radio than I'd like to admit. I'm watchin Fox right now. Eyes wide open and informed from both sides. That you think that not voting is a better idea than at least voting against McCain, I'd have to argue that you are the blind one. Sure he has an experience gap, but the man has done an amazing amount for a 46 year old man starting from nothing. He has succedded and excelled at everything he has ever taken on. To me, that says a lot about a man.

-d
Old 09-24-2008   #7
cma

Boulder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livingston View Post
CMA,

Because you are unfortunately susceptible to Roveian politics. Recognize it. Deal with it.

Quoting Thomas Friedman gets no points from me. He's an asshole. We are all in a world of shit if his plan for a flat world becomes reality.
" + title + "

What exactly do you want him to say? You think Friedman has YOUR best interest at heart? HAAA!! You are delusional.

I listen to more right wing radio than I'd like to admit. I'm watchin Fox right now. Eyes wide open and informed from both sides. That you think that not voting is a better idea than at least voting against McCain, I'd have to argue that you are the blind one. Sure he has an experience gap, but the man has done an amazing amount for a 46 year old man starting from nothing. He has succedded and excelled at everything he has ever taken on. To me, that says a lot about a man.

-d
I could only expect these arguments from you.. Another Ditto Head.

If Obama has yet to make any attempt at reform when that is the ticket he is running on.. What will he say? Clinton was able to get both sides talking, even with a Republican controlled Congress Clinton could get in front of Congress and get shit done. I stand by my assertion that Obama has no interest to do this. Doing a 180 from far loony land right to the exact oposite is not what I call change for the better. It definately is change but it will only be change for a few, those of us that prefer something in the middle are screwed.

Not voting for either of these guys is not a waste, we voted in Jesse in Mn when the Dems and Reps were both on their high horses, both sides had to save face and shit got done after that.

Lets get to the OT, this is supposed to be a pro McCain thread, I don't have anything good to say about him.
Old 09-24-2008   #8

Denver, Colorado
Fuck reaching across the aisle. Most attempts have ended up conceding to the right (FISA). I am done with bipartisan bullshit. I can't wait for control of both houses and the executive. That is how you get shit done. We should have enough in the Senate to sit Mitch McConnel the fuck down and get something done.

On Topic. He's got a good eye for beauty queens.
-d
Old 09-24-2008   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livingston View Post
I can't wait for control of both houses and the executive. That is how you get shit done.
This just shows that you didn't learn dick from the Bush Presidency. When one party controls both the legislative and executive branches the country goes to hell in a handbasket. That is why we have more than one party, that is why we have a bi-cameral system and why the executive has veto power. BALANCE. When one party gets its way completely we get the most f'd up shit this country has ever seen.
kevintee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008   #10

Denver, Colorado
Quote:
This just shows that you didn't learn dick from the Bush Presidency. When one party controls both the legislative and executive branches the country goes to hell in a handbasket. That is why we have more than one party, that is why we have a bi-cameral system and why the executive has veto power. BALANCE. When one party gets its way completely we get the most f'd up shit this country has ever seen
...or we get our constitution back. There is no way both sides of the aisle are going to work together after the shitstorm we just went through. FUCK you and anyone who cries about bi-partisanship after the way Democrats were treated in the houses since 94! The pendulum swinging hard left IS BALANCE.

And if Obama thinks he's going to keep those patriot act powers, I'll be rallying to boot him in 4 years as well.

If I've been a little offensive lately, two weeks in a hotel in Florida among other work travel is starting to get to me. This is the first year in 6 years I haven't been in Gore. But I stand by my fuck you.

-d