palin v biden - Mountain Buzz

Old 10-02-2008   #1
swimming

conifer, Colorado
palin v biden

Anyone watching this...I believe it's pretty even up to now. Any comments. 7 beers into some Labatt Blue but still following.

mr. compassionate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2008   #2

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 93
She is holding up pretty well. How she is going to build infrastructure and keep funding the war at the same time as cutting corporate taxes more is a pipe dream at best.

I don't understand why the dems don't counter the 'surge is working' argument with the truth is beyond me. What lowered violence is AII being brutal against Muslims. After brutalizing both Shiites and Sunnis, the Sunni tribal leaders turned against them and started cooperating with us. At the same time, Al-sadr held his milita back so they would not be targeted. These two things had a lot more to do with lowered violence then the extra troops we threw in there.
Snowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008   #3

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Snowhere . I know exactly what you mean ,except what the heck is AII AQ?

I think Biden dusted her doncha' know,much more substantive.Heck,golly doggone it, gosh,you betcha'.Biden almost said '' heat the car this winter''.
cayo 2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2008   #4

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 93
I was having a tough time spelling Alqida, alquida, AlQuida, Al Qaeda in Iraq!
Snowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008   #5
Kayak/SUP Instructor

The High Ground, Colorado
Joe hangs out at the Home Depot? That was almost my laugh of the night until Joe said "I've been in the Senate 30 years and I'm not going to change"
Old 10-02-2008   #6

San Juans, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
debate

I thought it was a great debate. Palin held her own against everyone's expectations. I also think Biden was pretty gentle, he has the ability to be very abrasive and out spoken. They both dodged issues in order to push their agendas/issues. I was surprised that they occassionaly 'agreed' with each other, that makes no strategic sense tp me.

I was expecting a heated debate with Jow Biden slaying Palin on foriegn policy, he never really pushed this issue; why? It was dissapointing to hear each of them talk about Senator Mcain, Senator Obama, instead of 'We'. Made them look like agents of their presidential canidate instead of teammate....

As far as Al Queda in Iraq. Am I the only one that feel Al Sadir has just stopped his insurgence to get the US the pull out? Once we are out he wont he be able to accomplish much more? This would give him time to plan, accumulate resourses and then execute his campaign(s) unabated and with little resistance from the weak Iraqi army and police...

Scott
dgosn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008   #7
swimming

conifer, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowhere View Post
I was having a tough time spelling Alqida, alquida, AlQuida, Al Qaeda in Iraq!
Yes, Biden showed more depth and breadth of issues which Palin wasn't able to counter...to bad she didn't have factcheck.org at her fingertips. Biden showed what Mcain showed in the big dance. To bad the candidate couldn't hold his own with Mcain.
mr. compassionate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008   #8

Golden, Colorado
I have to give it to Palin and I'm very disapointed in that. I was hoping for an entertaining Tina Fey skit on Saturday.

Neither of them answered the questions but that's what you get now that the debates are fixed. Palin ramped up her Washington outsider image and Biden just seemed like a lying politician.

The one that got me was when Biden said he and Obama warned Bush about allowing elections to be held in Palastine because Hamas would win and what happend? Hamas won. WTF? We now only bring democracy to other countries if they vote they way we want them to? That was the first time I actually heard a politician admit to our imperialism.
blutzski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008   #9

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
I thought the first presidential debate was disappointing. I thought both did a poor job, with McCain doing a less-poor job.

Last night was Biden's night. While Palin appeared pretty strong for the first 20 minutes, she slipped into her annoying, folksy, "I know nothing, therefore I represent change" schtick that was laughable.

Grade:
• Biden: B, Palin: C-
DurangoSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008   #10
Self-Aggrandizing jackass

The Ranch, Colorado
Paddling Since: 04
I view them as "pass/fail" tests. They both passed.