Palin on Foreign Policy - Mountain Buzz

Old 09-11-2008   #1

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Palin on Foreign Policy

Sarah Palin just finished an interview with Charlie Gibson focused on foreign
policy she '' won't second guess Israel" on foreign policy/security decisions including preemptive bombing Iran's wouldbe reactor.She said it three times.She is far faster on her feat,sharper at being nuanced enough to please the base but leave some wiggle room,than Mc Cain.For all the fun wev'e had with her ,I THINK SHE IS A FORMIDABLE DEBATE OPPONENT for Joe "silver foot in his mouth " Biden.Biden 's smart and an okay guy but he makes simple things complicated and has a knack for gaffes.Palin is ,we are learning, a master spinstress from the Atwater / Rove school.She also said she wouldn't rule out preemptive war in Pakistan. She would defend Georgia and directly blamed Russia for the recent problems.She supports Georgia and Ukraine joining NATO,bound to piss off Russia.Totally McSAME WORLDVIEW.Spinstress and War Mongeress ,swell.

cayo 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2008   #2

conifer, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by cayo 2 View Post
Sarah Palin just finished an interview with Charlie Gibson focused on foreign
policy she '' won't second guess Israel" on foreign policy/security decisions including preemptive bombing Iran's wouldbe reactor.She said it three times.She is far faster on her feat,sharper at being nuanced enough to please the base but leave some wiggle room,than Mc Cain.For all the fun wev'e had with her ,I THINK SHE IS A FORMIDABLE DEBATE OPPONENT for Joe "silver foot in his mouth " Biden.Biden 's smart and an okay guy but he makes simple things complicated and has a knack for gaffes.Palin is ,we are learning, a master spinstress from the Atwater / Rove school.She also said she wouldn't rule out preemptive war in Pakistan. She would defend Georgia and directly blamed Russia for the recent problems.She supports Georgia and Ukraine joining NATO,bound to piss off Russia.Totally McSAME WORLDVIEW.Spinstress and War Mongeress ,swell.
War Mongress?..I guess that makes Obama a "war boy"! She agrees with him on all these issues.
mr. compassionate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008   #3

Denver, Colorado
I am pretty sure Obama has said he opposes preemptive wars but he did not rule out strikes against terrorist bases in Pakistan a slight distinction,he's playing the wiggle room game too.He has a lot different approach to diplomacy.Their positions are not as similar as you are saying ,I'll double check.If ,in the unlikely event you are correct, then I don't like his positions.I imagine i'll find some major and some subtle differences ,and that you are partially right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2008   #4
Self-Aggrandizing jackass

The Ranch, Colorado
Paddling Since: 04
Her name is Caribou Barbie, damnit >.<
Old 09-11-2008   #5

Denver, Colorado
So far Mr.C you are right on Pakistan,I stand corrected.You are wrong on Georgia.On Iraq Barrack has opposed it all along ,Caribou and Mc SIMILAR STILL PRETEND IT IS JUST AND THAT WE ARE WINNING ,gO SURGE USA USA USA.
Obamas approach is overall much more diplomatic.Mc Cain already showed poor judgement by going all John Wayne talking tough to Russia over Georgia.There seems to some evidence that we did as much as Russia to escalate the tensions there.The people of So. Ossetia and Abkhazia tend to favor Russia that ought to tell you Sakashvili is no saint.To tired to elaborate now.
Old 09-11-2008   #6

The Ranch, Colorado
Man, go find the Atlantic Monthly article on McCain and his view of foreign policy. FASCINATING read (and not partisan)
Old 09-11-2008   #7

The Ranch, Colorado
Jesus holy-effin Jezzebel, PeterPaul&Mary, I just saw her Charlie Gibson softball interview.

She doesn't know what the Bush Doctrine is! No idea what Gibson means when he says "What is your interpretation of it?"

Then watch her talk about military options. Out. Of. Her. Element...

Wow.

PS: Does anyone else think she sounds like she just walked off the set of the movie Fargo? Not that I find that troubling, just humorous.
Old 09-12-2008   #8

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
Obama said it himself he would hold russia accountable for what has happened in georgia what are you guys smoking?
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008   #9

Denver, Colorado
OMG, Palin links Iraq to 9/11!!!

Palin repeats the Iraq link to 9/11. Can we please stop this shit? Even Bush has had to admit this is false.

Palin Links Iraq to Sept. 11 In Talk to Troops in Alaska
Old 09-12-2008   #10

Denver, Colorado
yeah,she's got the Marge Gunderson thing on big time 'dontcha know'.Turns out the part I saw was a teaser for the main interview,the more I saw the less impressed I was.I do think she plays well to their base. Charlie tried to pin her down a little better than most MSM,it was semi softball.She revealed a worldview based on exaggerated threats and ethnocentrism.
She really knows the world though ,heck you can see Russia from parts of Alaska.They ripped Obama's not having experience overseas.She has only had a passport for a year or two,lot of intellectual curiosity there.

I read somewhere that only 23 % of Americans even have a passport that is pathetic,especially considering that many if not most of those are for business purposes.Do military personnel have a special passport or a regular one,Helio other vets?