Palin: DEFERENCE?!! WTF?!!! - Mountain Buzz

Old 09-09-2008   #1

Littleton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
Palin: DEFERENCE?!! WTF?!!!

OK, I usually just sit back and read with amusement all the political philosophizing, the generally very intelligent and informative discussion, and of course the ranting--but I just read about the McCain camp requiring "deference" for Palin before she'll be interviewed--this is too much and I need to rant, and the office is not a good place to do that...so I'll stir the pot here instead:

Sarah Palin is a joke IMHO, but now this takes the cake:
OK, the McCain camp is requiring "deference" for Palin before she'll be interviewed--what the fuck, people--if she can't handle a fucking interview as a candidate for vice president to a 70+ year old geriatric bumblefuck, how the FUCK is she gonna handle VP!!!

Not to mention: her initial strong support of the $200M "bridge to nowhere" that she claims she fought against (liar), Messages from God about Iraq, pipelines, who knows what next (koo-koo), abstinance only except for prominent wealthy republican's families (hypocrite), etc., etc., etc....

This is ridiculous--this PC, off-limits, protectionism of a candidate for Vice-President becasue she's a woman, or she's religious, or she's a mom w/ kids, or whatever, has got to stop--she'll be just one melanoma/anuerism/stoke/heart attack away from being the president of this country, and she can't be subjected to the same media scrutiny that every other candidate is subject to?!!

Just when I thought that nothing could ever be worse than bush/cheney...

--god help us all if this country is idiotic enough to put her and McCain into office this November

there, now I feel better...

Jay

Jay H is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2008   #2
Self-Aggrandizing jackass

The Ranch, Colorado
Paddling Since: 04
Kudos for "geriatrick bumblefuck." Good prose, that!
Old 09-09-2008   #3

Indian Hills, Colorado
The recent polls which indicate a strong republican "bounce" since the Palin addition to the ticket have confirmed my suspicion that critical thinking is not an American strong suit. I'm hoping that the country comes to it's senses over the next two months and chooses a relative inexperienced, but seemingly intelligent candidate over a geriatric warmongering bumblefuck and a cold bimbo. If not, I dare say we are more fucked than Time Magazine so eloquently, and accurately predicted back in 2000:

DanOrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2008   #4

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Mind-numbing, isn't it? Be nice to Sarah or you're a meanie and a sexist.

Fuck that! She wants to be the first stop in the line of presidential succession to a GERIATRIC BUMBLEFUCK (love that, btw)?? Then we get to ask some tough questions. If not, then the terrified McSame campaign should've chosen someone who could answer the hard questions. They are sheltering her and feeding her the same regurgitated convention lines over and over. They are trying to use her gender as a shield. Rubbish. She doesn't get a "pass" simply because of her gender.

Let's hear America's Favorite Hockey MomŽ answering tough questions, not reading partisan zingers written by a former Bush speechwriter. Let's see who this person is. Is the McSame campaign afraid that she'll be revealed as Danny Quayle in a bouf-do and glasses?
DurangoSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008   #5

Durango, Colorado
Geriatric Bumblefuck

in Chief...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mccain_no_old_men.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	699  
Old 09-09-2008   #6

Denver, Colorado
hopefully this doesn't fall under deference!

-d

What the heck *are* they charging Alaska for?

by kos

Tue Sep 09, 2008 at 09:05:18 AM PDT

More on Sarah Palin's great scam of the state of Alaska, charging the state of Alaska for "travel" expenses while staying at home, all while making a big show of "saving taxpayer money" by getting rid of her private chef (all mooseshit, of course).
From the Anchorage Daily News, 7/29/2007, via Lexis/Nexis:
"Holding a special session in Anchorage last month cost the state at least $103,500, according to the head of the Legislative Affairs Agency.
Criticized for adjourning the regular session without renewing a program that gave cash payments to low-income seniors, legislators called the one-day meeting on June 26 [...]
Legislators earned a per diem of $278 each. The money is meant to be used on meals and hotels, she said, and is a little more than legislators would get in Juneau.
Holding the session in Anchorage costs about $2,000 more per day for per diems, which are based on rates set by the federal government, she said.
The overall price tag struck Gov. Sarah Palin as too high.
"That makes absolutely no sense, that a seven-hour meeting costs our Legislature over $100,000," Palin said. "What the heck were they charging the state for then?"
Yeah! What were they charging the state for? Were they living at home, yet squeezing travel expenses out of it? Were they bringing the whole family down to Anchorage on the government's dime? Were they staying in $707 per night hotels?
It's important those questions get answered, otherwise, this episode will start to look suspiciously like ... hypocrisy. I know, I know, this is all hard to believe given that she eats mooseburgers and chose life, but there it is.
This episode may just have bought Sarah Palin another two weeks of isolation from the media.
Getting rid of the chef, charging for meals

by kos

Tue Sep 09, 2008 at 08:00:08 AM PDT

I noted earlier that Sarah Palin was busted charging the state of Alaska for charging a travel per diem allowance ... while staying at home. It was a great scam, no doubt. But here's further food for thought. Remember this?
Gov. Sarah Palin knows how to cook.
And her children are capable of making sandwiches.
That said, Palin has told chef Stefani Marnon that the Governor's Mansion in Juneau won't be needing a professional cook until the legislative session this coming winter.
"Bottom line is, the governor does not need a gourmet chef at the mansion," said Meghan Stapleton, the governor's spokeswoman. "From the start, she's been very uncomfortable with a gourmet chef. It's a luxury she doesn't think Alaskans should be paying for."
Folksy! And yes, she was right. There was no reason for Alaskans to be paying for a gourmet chef for the governor. That was $45,000 she saved the state.
Except she then charged Alaska $16,951 to eat at her own place.
Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin has billed taxpayers for 312 nights spent in her own home during her first 19 months in office, charging a "per diem" allowance intended to cover meals and incidental expenses while traveling on state business.
So the bottom line appears to be that staying at her own joint was a luxury she thought Alaskans should pay for. Oh, and when she did travel for such crucial state-related business such as "Newsweek's third annual Women and Leadership Conference", she did things like charge Alaska for three nights at a hotel costing $707 per night. That was certainly a luxury she thought Alaskans should pay for.
As for that chef, the one she supposedly fired to save the state $45,000? Well, she didn't.
Remember the long-time executive chef who lost her job at the Mansion when Sarah decided to live mostly in Wasilla instead of Juneau? Stefani Marnon was first reassigned as a "constituent relations assistant" in the governor's office and later to the state museum.
Earwigs report she's finally landed where they really appreciate a good chef: the Legislative Lounge.
So apparently, the chef was also a luxury she thought Alaskans should pay for.
I've gotta admit. As a scam artist, she's pretty good.
Fiscal responsibility you can believe in

by kos

Tue Sep 09, 2008 at 07:15:53 AM PDT

What a sweet gig.
Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin has billed taxpayers for 312 nights spent in her own home during her first 19 months in office, charging a "per diem" allowance intended to cover meals and incidental expenses while traveling on state business.
The governor also has charged the state for travel expenses to take her children on official out-of-town missions. And her husband, Todd, has billed the state for expenses and a daily allowance for trips he makes on official business for his wife.
At first I was wondering, "why didn't I try that at my old job, demanding travel pay when staying at my own place?" Then I realized why -- it would've been a scam, and I would've been fired. Funny how that "accountability" thing doesn't seem to operate when a politician is elected to high office.
Now to be fair, Palin only made $125,000 a year, or 1/3rd of a Cindy McCain dress. That is really poor; at least $4.875 million away from middle class. And don't forget she "chose life", so who cares if she has the ethics of a sewer rat?
Instead of passing judgment on Palin, we should just be thankful it wasn't John McCain billing the state of Alaska to live at his home(s). He would've bankrupted the state.
Old 09-09-2008   #7

the fort, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanOrion View Post
The recent polls which indicate a strong republican "bounce" since the Palin addition to the ticket have confirmed my suspicion that critical thinking is not an American strong suit.
It took you this long to figure it out?
Old 09-09-2008   #8

Durango, Colorado
The Republican Ticket

America's Favorite Hockey MomŽ helps an old guy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	palin-piggyback.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	254.4 KB
ID:	701  
Old 09-09-2008   #9

Indian Hills, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dude View Post
It took you this long to figure it out?
Recent events left me with a wanton and unfounded feeling of optimism for the direction of the masses. Thank you Mrs. Palin for bringing me back to cold, hard reality.
DanOrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008   #10

Durango, Colorado
My wife put it best regarding the Palin "bump" in the polls: Who are these women who are simply voting for a vagina?

I think that once the McSame campaign is forced to subject Palin to actual, substantive interviews, this "bump" will vaporize. Initially they're going to try to limit interviews to fluff features about her Annie Oakley in the Great Frozen North persona.

Her handlers will try to play this "deference & respect" dodge as long as possible. They know she isn't ready for primetime, otherwise she'd be doing interviews and speaking without prepared text. She can probably memorize lines pretty well, and you can bet that she's undergoing feverish "preparation."

With less than two months to go, the American public deserves to see how this person who the Republicans say is ready to be president (should McSame croak) will perform under "live fire." Obviously they are very afraid at this point.