Obama vs. Nixon - Mountain Buzz

Old 05-23-2013   #1
swimming

conifer, Colorado
Obama vs. Nixon

I'm wondering if any of you out there can defend this administration? Seems that GW ran a squeaky clean Presidency in comparison. The most transparent admin ever has not lived up to the promise, far from it. In my opinion what has so far been revealed(with more to come) is already much worse than the minor enemies list Nixon kept and his hand in the cover up of Watergate.

Not only is the President incompetent but also a sleazebag criminal...and you idiots are responsible for voting him in.

Congrats!

mr. compassionate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2013   #2
gh

pnw, Colorado
Please list his criminal offenses. Are you talking IRS? The head of the IRS was appointed by Bush. Could Obama have gotten in front of this better? Absolutely. Criminal? Hardly.
Old 05-23-2013   #3

BV, CO
Paddling Since: 96
As someone who lived through the Nixon administration, and paid attention, this is laughable.
Phil U. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2013   #4
gh

pnw, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil U. View Post
As someone who lived through the Nixon administration, and paid attention, this is laughable.
agreed
Old 05-23-2013   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. compassionate View Post
I'm wondering if any of you out there can defend this administration? Seems that GW ran a squeaky clean Presidency in comparison. The most transparent admin ever has not lived up to the promise, far from it. In my opinion what has so far been revealed(with more to come) is already much worse than the minor enemies list Nixon kept and his hand in the cover up of Watergate.

Not only is the President incompetent but also a sleazebag criminal...and you idiots are responsible for voting him in.

Congrats!
Starting a major war in Iraq to enrich your oil & military contractor friends is "squeaky clean?
The original code name for the operation was Operation Iraq Liberation aka OIL!
How many people died in that avoidable war?

And yes, please list the criminal activities of Obama.
And I agree with Phil.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013   #6

Missoula, Montana
Paddling Since: 2009
Somebody in the IRS targeted t-baggers under Obama? Boo hoo. Under mr. squeaky clean there was evidence of politically motivated prosecution in the justice department (remember Don Siegelman?).
catflipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013   #7
LSB
Renaissance Redneck

Huson, Montana
Paddling Since: 1988
It's always the same thing from all the Right Wingers. "HATE, HATE, HATE," But when you ask WHY and show me the specifics they just can't.
Not that Obama has turned out the way I had hoped ie. Afghanistan invasion and handing over a shitload of new customers to the HMOs but look what he has to work against.
Old 05-23-2013   #8

Kalispell, Montana
Paddling Since: 1997
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSB View Post
It's always the same thing from all the Right Wingers. "HATE, HATE, HATE," But when you ask WHY and show me the specifics they just can't.
Not that Obama has turned out the way I had hoped ie. Afghanistan invasion and handing over a shitload of new customers to the HMOs but look what he has to work against.
I don't think we know a lot of what Bush did. He only looks squeaky clean because a lot of it didn't come out or hasn't yet.

Obama is just getting hung up for things coming out on his own watch.

At the same time, it's all too easy for left-wingers to lay everything at Bush's feet instead of recognizing Obama's own weaknesses. Obama is a narcissistic buffoon who really wants to be squeaky clean. Bush wasn't nearly as narcissistic...but certainly a buffoon!

There were a lot of programs that started under Bush (Patriot Act, DHS) and situations that began under Bush that got MUCH worse under Obama (IRS, Fast & Furious). Obama can't blame Bush when he was complicit in neither fixing nor ending these situations--but he negligently or complicitly exascerbated them.

"Oh, but the ball was already rolling!...."
Any of these fiascos could have had the brakes applied in a 1.5-2yr time frame.
MT4Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013   #9

Land of Lovin, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. compassionate View Post

Congrats!
And with this post I now crown you King of the Mountainbuzz Trolls, congrats on your newly attained title!
Old 05-23-2013   #10
Old Guy in a PFD

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1967
Nixon was a crook, and not a very good one at that.
Obama isn't a crook, but he is the master of avoiding responsibility;
His supporters have the following responses to everything;
It's Bushes fault
It's the Publicans fault
We didn't know anything about that
It was that damn video
You're a racist T Bagger Conservative greedy 1%er.

Honestly, I don't know which is worse; a bad crook or an incompetent.
Schutzie is offline   Reply With Quote