Obama the undetectable lier - Mountain Buzz

Old 10-14-2008   #1

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
Obama the undetectable lier

Wright 101 by Stanley Kurtz on National Review Online=

after reading this do you think he knows whats best for the "ice people"?
from 1990's to 2008, that sure is alot of idealogy to just throw out the window!

caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2008   #2

Bozeman, Montana
http://http://article.nationalreview...JiNzEzMTJjYjE=
pro-life obama i don't think so.
http://http://article.nationalreview...MzMzNkOTQyMTE=
Old 10-14-2008   #3
gh

pnw, Colorado
Might add some credibility to your cause if you spelled liar correctly but given its the national review as your source, i doubt it.
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2008   #4

Bozeman, Montana
i would check it out good stuff on each candidate and some great stories. some for obama, some against. you would learn more on that site than anyother politically bought out news program!
Old 10-14-2008   #5
Self-Aggrandizing jackass

The Ranch, Colorado
Paddling Since: 04
Mike, there are a couple respectable writers at NRO; I used to be a fan, but I'm not anymore. I'll bring you some criticism of NRO and how there are several writers there who can't acknowledge certain realities (that to me, at least, matter).
Old 10-14-2008   #6

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Sorry, Dad, I'm Voting for Obama

Mike - Since you are such a fan of National Review, I guess you probably read this column written by Christopher Buckley, son of the late editor/publisher of NR:

Quote:
I have known John McCain personally since 1982. I wrote a well-received speech for him. Earlier this year, I wrote in The New York Times--I'm beginning to sound like Paul Krugman, who cannot begin a column without saying, "As I warned the world in my last column..." -- a highly favorable Op-Ed about McCain, taking Rush Limbaugh and the others in the Right Wing Sanhedrin to task for going after McCain for being insufficiently conservative. I don't--still--doubt that McCain's instincts remain fundamentally conservative. But the problem is otherwise.

McCain rose to power on his personality and biography. He was authentic. He spoke truth to power. He told the media they were "jerks" (a sure sign of authenticity, to say nothing of good taste; we are jerks). He was real. He was unconventional. He embraced former anti-war leaders. He brought resolution to the awful missing-POW business. He brought about normalization with Vietnam--his former torturers! Yes, he erred in accepting plane rides and vacations from Charles Keating, but then, having been cleared on technicalities, groveled in apology before the nation. He told me across a lunch table, "The Keating business was much worse than my five and a half years in Hanoi, because I at least walked away from that with my honor." Your heart went out to the guy. I thought at the time, God, this guy should be president someday.

A year ago, when everyone, including the man I'm about to endorse, was caterwauling to get out of Iraq on the next available flight, John McCain, practically alone, said no, no--bad move. Surge. It seemed a suicidal position to take, an act of political bravery of the kind you don't see a whole lot of anymore.

But that was--sigh--then. John McCain has changed. He said, famously, apropos the Republican debacle post-1994, "We came to Washington to change it, and Washington changed us." This campaign has changed John McCain. It has made him inauthentic. A once-first class temperament has become irascible and snarly; his positions change, and lack coherence; he makes unrealistic promises, such as balancing the federal budget "by the end of my first term." Who, really, believes that? Then there was the self-dramatizing and feckless suspension of his campaign over the financial crisis. His ninth-inning attack ads are mean-spirited and pointless. And finally, not to belabor it, there was the Palin nomination. What on earth can he have been thinking?
DurangoSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008   #7

Bozeman, Montana
everybody is entitled to there own opinions, some of the articles in NR have some great facts, some are to much opinion if you ask me but facts don't lie. every politician is going to be scandeless, thats how they made it to where they are. anybody have the deep truth on mcsames crazy smile and obamas new logo for the U.S. just don't get any of your hopes up in change especially from somebody who can't even change Chicago.

anybody look and see what obamas actual voting record is? if you ask me he doesn't have much voice for a man with a choice!
Old 10-14-2008   #8
A Political Theorist

Gonzorango, Colorado
http://frum.nationalreview.com/

Can't really say it better than NRO Blogger David Frum. When he strayed from NRO dogma and let the facts lead him to into harsh criticism of McCain and Palin, the right wing cannibals immediately began feeding on him:

"Perhaps it is our job at NRO is tell our readers only what they want to hear, without much regard to whether it is true. Perhaps it is our duty just to keep smiling and to insist that everything is dandy - that John McCain's economic policies make sense, that his selection of Sarah Palin was an act of statesmanship, that she herself is the second coming of Anna Schwartz, and that nobody but an over-educated snob would ever suggest otherwise.

"Who knows? Perhaps if I do that enthusiastically enough, somebody somewhere might even pour me a free drink or invite me onto the airwaves for a 3 minute Monday morning sunrise interview. And after all: What else could I possibly want?"
Droboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008   #9

Bozeman, Montana
good find droboat!
Old 10-14-2008   #10
Self-Aggrandizing jackass

The Ranch, Colorado
Paddling Since: 04
So I'm trying to get up to speed on ACORN, as I said I would.
My first two readings show me nothing that speaks out as a serious cause for concern with the Obama campaign, or the candidate himself.

My first article was from March 08, National Review Online, by Kurz. It was a lot of inuendo, frankly, which to me seemed to rely on boogey-man fear-mongering to add weight to the ultimate charge. Kurz is a heavy hitter, and if that's the best NRO can do to demonstrate a factual link between Obama and criminal activity (fraud) or even such a serious appearance of impropriety, they failed.

link:

Money quote:
Quote:
*Supposedly*, Acorn’s political arm is segregated from its “non-partisan” registration and get-out-the-vote efforts, but after reading Foulkes’ case study, *this non-partisanship is exceedingly difficult to discern*. As I understand, it would be illegal for Obama to sit on a foundation board and direct money to an organization that openly served as his key get-out-the-vote volunteers on Election Day. I’m not saying Obama crossed a legal line here: *Based on Foulkes’ account, Acorn’s get-out-the-vote drive most likely observed the technicalities of “non-partisanship.*”

Nevertheless, the *possibilities* suggested by a combined reading of the New York Times piece and the Foulkes article are disturbing. *While keeping within the technicalities of the law*, Obama may have been able to direct substantial foundation money to his organized political supporters. I offer no settled conclusion, but the matter certainly warrants further investigation and discussion. Obama is supposed to be the man who transcends partisanship. Has he instead used his post at an allegedly non-partisan foundation to direct money to a supposedly non-partisan group, in pursuit of what are in fact nakedly partisan and personal ends? *I have no final answer*, but the question needs to be pursued further.
That's the best you can do, NRO? It's legal but it looks bad? Jeezus, what a boner they must've lost getting to their so called conclusion...

I'm not saying Acorn is great and good for the country and above investigation. I'm saying that I see nothing but a right-wing boogeyman here to tell me that Obama is doing something 1) illegal, or 2) Improper

Second link:
Quote:
ACORN fired back yesterday at the McCain campaign, releasing a 2006 photo of the Arizona senator delivering the keynote speech at a pro-immigration rally in Miami that the group sponsored. "Maybe it is out of desperation that Senator McCain has forgotten that he was for ACORN before he was against ACORN," Lewis said in a news release.
Again, I'm not saying McCain is a hypocrite, or that he did anything improper. I'm saying this is election-year propoganda aimed at creating an emotional response from people's fear.

Those are my two readings thus far, one from NRO, one from a source whose partisanship I don't know. Two sources, one decidedly anti-Obama politically (not saying 'unfairly') and I don't see anything there worth getting my dander up.

Tags
lier, obama, senator acorn