November election, state issues - Mountain Buzz

Old 09-26-2008   #1
gh

pnw, Colorado
November election, state issues

I think there about 50 amendments, etc on the November ballot does anyone have a good site where I can research?

Advertisement

Old 09-26-2008   #2
cma

Boulder
I just got the State Ballot Information book in the mail today.. this thing looks like a novel this year.
cma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008   #3
Self-Aggrandizing jackass

The Ranch, Colorado
Paddling Since: 04
Marko (strong advocate of one side) and I (strong advocate of the other side) are both in grad school. Speaking on behalf of him, which is a high risk, we don't have fuckin time to read this shit. Colorado is phuced. Vote no on everything. Theoretically, nothing changes. That may be best (or it may not, I dunno).
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2008   #4

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
THESE EFFORTS TO PORTRAY THE DESTRUCTION OF COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AND UNIONS AS PRO WORKER ARE ULTRA SHADY OUT OF STATE FUNDED EFFORTS.Time to study up on local stuff, been preoccupied with national,local is very important .duh.
cayo 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008   #5

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1984
I hope everyone understands that the "fertilized egg is a person" amendment (4 is a tremendously dumb idea idea, even for those who are pro-life. It would determine that every fertilized egg collected in fertility clinics would have rights & could not be discarded (murder). There goes fertility treatments. It would also effectively outlaw the pill and other forms of birth control, and it would immediately give rapists rights as a father to the fertilized egg.

Bad law, no matter what you believe.
El Flaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008   #6
cma

Boulder
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Flaco View Post
I hope everyone understands that the "fertilized egg is a person" amendment (4 is a tremendously dumb idea idea, even for those who are pro-life. It would determine that every fertilized egg collected in fertility clinics would have rights & could not be discarded (murder). There goes fertility treatments. It would also effectively outlaw the pill and other forms of birth control, and it would immediately give rapists rights as a father to the fertilized egg.

Bad law, no matter what you believe.
Agree.. Even if you believe abortion is bad and should be banned this just goes way beyond abortion period it opens up so many issues and problems. You could even argue at this point that if you drink, smoke, do drugs of any kind good or bad or drink caffeine while pregnant that you could be charged with child abuse.
cma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008   #7
gh

pnw, Colorado
Well I had a vasectomy, wonder if that is included in the banned birth control?
Old 09-28-2008   #8

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by heliodorus04 View Post
Marko (strong advocate of one side) and I (strong advocate of the other side) are both in grad school. Speaking on behalf of him, which is a high risk, we don't have fuckin time to read this shit. Colorado is phuced. Vote no on everything. Theoretically, nothing changes. That may be best (or it may not, I dunno).
Agreed. In know a guy who "crafts" some of these ballot proposals. He openly admitted that the strategy is to deceive the public into voting for something they don't want. Vote NO and be safe.

gh - you are a criminal for getting the vasectomy. I suggest you surrender to the authorities. Remember: "every sperm is sacred."

The "egg is human" one is utterly absurd. Reminds me of Phillip Roth's brilliant satire, "Our Gang," in which Tricky Dixon proposes extending voting rights to the unborn.
DurangoSteve is offline   Reply With Quote