need legal advice - Mountain Buzz

Old 07-19-2006   #1

need legal advice

So any lawyers out there or fellow paddlers that know about getting charges sealed and expunged from your record? In particular, a possesion (under 1 oz.) charge....

rasta

rasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2006   #2

Indian Hills, Colorado
Im no lawyer, but changing your screen name may be a start. Best of luck, I'm sure someone will give you a hand!
DanOrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006   #3

steamboat, Colorado
Juvenile records may be expunged

Adult arrest records not resulting in conviction may be sealed

Adult arrest records resulting in conviction are not sealable, neither are records of convictions
latenightjoneser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2006   #4

What about having a verdict\conviction set a side?
DirtyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006   #5

Vail, Colorado
Dan: Funny stuff. I agree, if you don't want attention don't have your user name as that. If you are arrested there is no record. If charges are there and you are not convicted there is no record. If charges are there and you are convicted you will have a record. It will not be expunged if you are convicted. Get a lawyer and ask him to get you a differed judgement. You will normally only get one of those in your adult life so if you are planning on breaking the law in bigger ways you might want to save the get out of jail card for another day. If you need more advice PM me. Steve
Steve Zizzou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006   #6

I don't care about the attention... but I do need the help. Also the nickname (thus the user name) has nothing to do with puffin'.

rasta
Old 07-19-2006   #7

I'm not a lawyer but I play one on TV

I'm not a lawyer but I stayed at Holiday Inn last night, I suggest getting NORML involved and plead stupidity by arguing that marijuania should be legal and therfore you should be found not guilty!
teamamericawp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006   #8

steamboat, Colorado
"If you are arrested there is no record. If charges are there and you are not convicted there is no record."

This statement is simply not true. If you are arrested and later acquitted there will always be an arrest record unless you have it sealed. CBI and NCIC keep records of every arrest, regardless of conviction. Go to www.cbirecordscheck.com to do a criminal history on anyone for $6.85. You will see some entries that simply inidcate an arrest and some entries that indicate an arrest and conviction with penalty.

As far setting aside the judgement, there is a small window of opportunity to do so. What is the date of conviction?
latenightjoneser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006   #9

Indian Hills, Colorado
Rasta, no offence intended. Glad to see you are getting good advice.
DanOrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006   #10

No offense taken.... and yes this is silly that weed is still illegal!

rasta