moving to sparta tenn. room for rent - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Other Chatter > The Eddy

Old 01-22-2013   #1

x, x
Paddling Since: x
moving to sparta tenn. room for rent

I realize this is a western form, but i really need some help finding a place, i have a lot of feelers out, and this is another branch.

thank you

I have an oportunity to work seasonally in sparta Tennessee this febuary through july.

I am in need of a place to stay as close to sparta if not in sparta Tenn. If anyone can help me find a place I would be greatful.

I am 33 years old male, not a big drinker, but am I am outgoing and friendly. I have paddled colorado class 3-4 for the last few years, and should be able to boat at a class 4 level. I am looking for people to show me around and want to paddle alot.

I am into gardening and rasing small animals, chickens, hunting etc... I am also a handy residential construction worker proficent in all areas of a residential re-model, if anyone needs. I am willing to do any general labor in exchange for rent as well.

any information is apprecated,

pm, reply, e-mail or call,

thank you

big bob.
bob builds 122 AT yahoo . com
cell. 720-291-six945

EDIT: i need the exposure of the boater forum.

bobbuilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2013   #2

Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1987
Sparta, TN

I lived in that area as a teenager and still have a lot of relatives around Sparta.

You might able to find something in the classified ads in the Sparta Expositor The Expositor - Sparta Tennessee.

In general, rentals are so cheap in that area that room rentals may be scarce or found word-of-mouth only. Also, meth is a serious problem there so be careful about who you rent from or share housing with so all your stuff doesn't disappear. The Jackson Kayak crew is based close to Sparta. Those guys may know of some deals on housing.

The winter/early spring boating there is great. Cane Creek and Upper Caney Fork may be a bit much at first but the Obed system has all sorts of runs.
DangerousDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013   #3

x, x
thanks Dave, I am definatly worried about the meth usage down there, more so than the boating.

Housing has proven to be difficult at best, online especially.

I thought this post might generate some help, we shall see. I do have a few irons in the fire that are comming out, so i am feeling better about the move, just a little nervous that i end up in the wrong place or with the wrong people. I hope the meth usage is low to un noticable in that area, I can not stand that stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2013   #4

Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1987
The rural south

Meth use is bad all over the rural south. But most of the people there are friendly.

In general, look very carefully at the apartments. Some of those were bad 25 years ago and have probably only gotten worse.

A lot of times, rental units are advertised with a sign in the yard and that's about it. One of the real estate companies may have some rental listings.

One really cool place to check out is Calfkiller Brewing Company on Blue Springs Rd northeast of town. I went to high school with brewers' older siblings. They're cool guys and they make good beer.
DangerousDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013   #5

x, x
thank you Dave. I found a place today. I leave next week.