McCain's Michigan Money to MountainBuzz? - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Other Chatter > The Eddy

Old 10-03-2008   #1
A Political Theorist

Gonzorango, Colorado
McCain's Michigan Money to MountainBuzz?

When I clicked to check out the palin v biden thread, I was surprised to see that McCain-Palin 2008 had sponsored a negative attack ad which included a link to a McCain smear website.

Two questions:

1) How much did the Admiral's Son and his Hockey Mom pay to support the very useful and entertaining MountainBuzz?

2) Was the payment redirected from abandoned Detroit ad buys as the McCain campaign fled Michigan under the white flag of surrender?

Droboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2008   #2

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
DRO - I saw the same weird ad, but didn't follow the link.

Odd how it showed up on The Buzz. Guess "The Eddy" discussions are being monitored by the McSame campaign. How strange...
DurangoSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008   #3

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 93
I doubt very much they are reading mountainbuzz. Most likely they have some program that googles their buzz words constantly. Then some one says, lets stick an add where ever the net traffic warrants it. With only 685 hits on the Palen v Biden thread, they are welcome to waste some of their money here. I mean, really, is there anyone that really is still on the fence? I can't believe any real independant voter could think to support more republican control of the whitehouse!
Snowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2008   #4

Durango, Colorado
Snowhere - agreed. I didn't mean "monitor" in a literal sense, but rather as you noted a softwhere sense.
Old 10-04-2008   #5
cma

Boulder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowhere View Post
I doubt very much they are reading mountainbuzz. Most likely they have some program that googles their buzz words constantly. Then some one says, lets stick an add where ever the net traffic warrants it. With only 685 hits on the Palen v Biden thread, they are welcome to waste some of their money here. I mean, really, is there anyone that really is still on the fence? I can't believe any real independant voter could think to support more republican control of the whitehouse!

If you guys are talking about the Sponsored links/Google adwords ads, that program is run by Google itself. You pay Google to place an ad on adwords. Google looks at all the web pages out there that host adwords and places those ads where the content of the page best matches what the ad is for. It has nothing to do with the McCain/Palin campaign, no one from their organization is looking at the Buzz and most likely have no idea it even exists, it has everything to do with Mountainbuzz being an Google/adwords host and Google deciding where the ads should go.
cma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008   #6

Durango, Colorado
There you go... The Buzz done been Googled. Kinda cool that our rants have caused McSame to waste some dough, eh?
Old 10-04-2008   #7
Beginner

Eastern Slope, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
I heard that Palin is actually PaddleForJesus and stole all that gear!
Randaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008   #8
A Political Theorist

Gonzorango, Colorado
Clarification from list moderator?

I'm confused. If understand correctly, if you click the randomly placed ads, the click sends money from McCain to MountainBuzz via the Sponsored Ads company (who presumably keeps a portion of the money)?

Call me a skeptic, but I'm still not convinced that the McCain ads are landing here randomly, given that the polling reports that Colorado has now switched from a Bush04 state to an Obama08 state.
Droboat is offline   Reply With Quote