McCain wants to call a "Time Out" - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Other Chatter > The Eddy

Old 09-24-2008   #1

Denver, Colorado
McCain wants to call a "Time Out"

So, the issue McCain is weakest on, the economy, takes a shit and he wants a time-out? His campaign staff is full of guilty participants in this scandal...

Phil Gram (guy who helped bring us Enron and this current fiasco):
Foreclosure Phil

Rick Davis (firm was paid by Fannie and Freddie up until last month): Freddie Mac Paid McCain Campaign Manager's Firm Through last Month

A time out? Bullshit. I realize that he is going to get eaten alive at this debate and this is his only escape to turn the blame onto Obama, but he dug his own grave... now we need to make him walk to it.

If McCain was serious about helping the economy, he would just forfeit this election.

-d

Advertisement

Old 09-24-2008   #2

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
This meltdown is so damned serious, I can see the "wisdom" of a "time out."

That said, I believe McCain called for a "time out" because he sees independent voters turning on him in droves. His pseudo-bipartisan ploy is an overt admission that his campaign is in trouble.
DurangoSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008   #3
Kayak/SUP Instructor

The High Ground, Colorado
Mc Cain hit a home run and the Obama Camp is flailing to respond.

I hope you are all watching Obama's response now.

Joe Biden -

Never mind that Hoover was the President and televison hadn't been invented yet. Joe Biden makes Dan Quayle look like Einstein. One breath away from being President
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2008   #4

Durango, Colorado
Theo - WHY shouldn't this critical issue facing our nation be fleshed out in the first debate? NO other topics, just the economic meltdown. Running from the Phil Gramm connection to this gigantic clusterfuk won't help McCain. He ought to find the balls to admit that his economic advisor helped create the mess.

He won't, I assure you...
Old 09-24-2008   #5
Self-Aggrandizing jackass

The Ranch, Colorado
Paddling Since: 04
Theo, whatever the two campaigns have to say about Paulson's "Trust us, we can fix this if you do what I say and don't ask questions" proposal, they can do it from the campaign trail.

McCain is posturing, trying to look like this matters. Neither Obama nor McCain can do anything more in person in Washington than they can for the road. Indeed, if it was necessary for the country to stop all this shiznizzle and hammer out some agreements, it should have been done last week, the day AIG was bailed out after Paulson said "No more bailouts".

Look, I'm living breathing proof that a first-semester MBA student can see the problem, and having read more about this shizznizzle in the last 10 days than anything other than my course work, I can tell you that no one knows WTF to do, WTF the outcome will be of $700 billion, and especially, WTF will happen if $700 billion comes up short.

We can say that this will not work itself out during the remainder of the year 2008. Should we then suspend the election and just leave W43 in place? That to me seems like as valid an option as 'suspending the debate'.

It's unserious and non-meaningful.

This economic mess has better minds working on it than either McCain or Obama can provide right now. People who have devoted their entire adult lives and professional careers are working on it. They don't need McCain or Obama to 'make shiznit happen'.

Have the debate. Normality is also a stabilizing impetus in society. "Calling off a campaign" might just give the somnambulating (it's big word Wednesday!) American public the impression that it's about to hit the fan.

My personal feeling is that McCain is posturing, attempting to look like he has some sort of authority and attempting to demonstrate leadership when his Palin-convention bump has deflated.

As Obama's campaign has said. We can do both [the debate and participate in the bailout discussion]. Why can't McCain?
Old 09-24-2008   #6
Kayak/SUP Instructor

"There Is A Problem, Let's Get To Work" ~McCain

"If You Need Me, Call Me" ~Obama
Old 09-24-2008   #7

Durango, Colorado
Yo, Theo!

Here's what one Republican had to say about the "time out" proposal:

Quote:
What idiot came up with this stunt? former Republican Congressman Mickey Edwards asked in a point on Politicos Arena forum. Sorry, John; it really sounds like you're afraid to debate. This sounds like the sort of ploy we used to use in junior high school elections.
Old 09-24-2008   #8
Kayak/SUP Instructor

John is calling their bluff. Is it a "crisis" or isn't it?

Sen Charlie Rangel, who chairs the House Ways and Means Committee, is on the job. Maybe a great place to start out of this is for Charlie to get patriotic and pay his back taxes.
Old 09-24-2008   #9

Durango, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophilus View Post
John is calling their bluff. Is it a "crisis" or isn't it?

Sen Charlie Rangel, who chairs the House Ways and Means Committee, is on the job. Maybe a great place to start out of this is for Charlie to get patriotic and pay his back taxes.
The ability to multitask is something that withers away as we enter our twilight years. Ol' Gramps just isn't up to the job and needs a "time out." Very telling.

Last week McCain was telling us that the "fundamentals of the economy" were sound. This week he's crapping his Depends and his Lightweight Veep is talking DEPRESSION.

Welcome to America's favorite Roller Coaster Ride, The "Straight Talk Express."

Sorry Theo, McCain didn't score a "home run" with this silly posturing. Nope, he punted... and the ball dribbled out of bounds after bouncing five feet.

It IS a crisis and the president who inherits it better be able to do two things at once. Clearly, that ain't Gramps. He's toast.

Theo: read this for some enlightenment on the so-called "home run."
http://news.yahoo.com/s/thenation/20....TUCV62jes0NUE
Old 09-24-2008   #10
Kayak/SUP Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DurangoSteve View Post
He's toast.
Guess how many times in the last eight years I've heard "This has legs" "Bush is toast"?

Again McCain/Palin are out front controlling the message and the Obama Camp is reactionary and playing catch up.

Quote:

Democratic Congress May Adjourn, Leave Crisis to Fed, Treasury

Sept. 18 (Bloomberg) -- The Democratic-controlled Congress, acknowledging that it isn't equipped to lead the way to a solution for the financial crisis and can't agree on a path to follow, is likely to just get out of the way.

Lawmakers say they are unlikely to take action before, or to delay, their planned adjournments -- Sept. 26 for the House of Representatives, a week later for the Senate. While they haven't ruled out returning after the Nov. 4 elections, they would rather wait until next year unless Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson and Federal Reserve Chairman Ben S. Bernanke, who are leading efforts to contain the crisis, call for help.
Who are you guys trying to fool? The American public is pissed and the Dems in charge intend to cut and run. That's a great demonstration of leadership.

"Country First"

LINK