McCain stared down the Russkies! - Mountain Buzz

Old 10-22-2008   #1

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
McCain stared down the Russkies!

When Nikita Khrushchev "reared up his head" over Cuba in 1962, John McCain was there! He could see Fidel and his Godless Commie Comrades from the flight deck of the USS Enterprise and he was ready to kick some serious ass! But let's allow the senator from Arizona tell his own story...

"I sat in the cockpit on the flight deck of the USS Enterprise off of Cuba. I had a target," McCain said. "I know how close we came to a nuclear war and I will not be a president that needs to be tested. I have been tested. Senator Obama has not."

Wow. John McCain singlehandedly stared down the Russian Bear and defused the Cuban Missile Crisis! JFK was in constant contact with Johnny McTopGun, and without McCain's courage and fortitude, Cuba would be bristling with Soviet missiles even today, though they would probably be a little rusty.

McCain showed this same sort of ballsy response when the US economy collapsed and the "bailout" package was in jeopardy. He immediately suspended his campaign, climbed into the cockpit, fired up his jet and banked across the Capitol Building on a one-man strafing run, saving the day and once again protecting America from the Evil Doers. How can we exist without him?

Uh, guess we're gonna find out in a coupla weeks...

DurangoSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2008   #2

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
ds i wouldn't put blind faith in another that is more than likely just like the rest! id get off the high horse and start to pray for america brother.
any politcian in the game right now; is still the same.
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008   #3

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Mike - I am praying for America. Just pointing out the abject absurdity that spews forth from the mouth of Johnny McTopGun. His self-delusion is pretty extraordinary.
DurangoSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2008   #4

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
as is osama obama. taking credit for others work!
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008   #5
gh

pnw, Colorado
Its a good thing he didnt take off, given his flying record I would assume that he would have crashed in Cuba. And since when do we need a carrier based aircraft to reach Cuba? What is it, about 200 miles?
Old 10-22-2008   #6

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Its like 90 miles from Key West,i don't know where our southernmost naval base is,Jacksonville[?] What does the Cuban missile crisis [ won't even get into the mythology surrounding it]have to do with current affairs anyway?Issues about Cuba that are current; Guantanamo/torture,lifting sanctions,promoting a peaceful transition to democracy after Castro croaks,how fine their women are in South Beach.Maybe they could run Jimmy Buffet he can see Cuba from Key West,makes him qualified ,right.
cayo 2 is online now   Reply With Quote