pnw, Colorado
Koch brothers

Inside the Koch Brothers' Toxic Empire | Rolling Stone

Advertisement

Old 10-13-2014   #2

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
GH ,
Don't you know George Soros cancels out the Koch brothers?...tit for tat..he cancels out Sheldon Adelson,Richard Mellon Scaife,Rupert Murdoch ,Bob Perry,etc.,as well.....pattern schmattern my anecdote matches your well documented( but off ignored ) list of coordinated efforts...just ask Mr.C .,been avoiding wasting time arguing over on that thread but give me time
cayo 2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014   #3
gh

pnw, Colorado
One way to look at it is that it is a revealing article about one of the rich that are trying to shape American policy. If others shape it in the other direction then I dont believe two wrongs make a right. Have someone else post a non-Fox article on George.
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2014   #4
Old Guy in a PFD

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1967
Love it.
The Koch brothers get crucified for doing what everyone else is doing. I don't always agree with them, but damn, I'll defend their right to toss their Billions around as they see fit, just like everyone else.

Toxic my ass!
Schutzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014   #5

conifer, Colorado
Funny things is that GH and Cayo buy products and enjoy life's finer things due to people like the Koch Bros. GH do you use plastics, eat food, drive on asphalt, use gasoline or cement? Apparently the Koch Brothers provide those things to you at a going market rate and you support them by buying there products at a retail level. You two seriously just made me laugh-thanks for the humor!

And throwing Soros into the mix is obvious. No bigger villain in the financial markets than that billionaire.
mr. compassionate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014   #6

conifer, Colorado
What about Rich Richman? Seriously, he said this...am I living in Alice's Wonderland? "If Republicans win, we know who they’ll be fighting for," Obama said in the fundraising email. "Once again, the interests of billionaires will come before the needs of the middle class."

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com Obama Slams Schmoozing, Attends Event at Billionaire Rich Richman's House
Urgent: Should Obamacare Be Repealed? Vote Here Now!

Oh, but the rich on the left are so much more caring and compassionate than those on the right...just look at the private giving in comparison haha

Not a Parody: Obama Fundraises with Rich Guy Named Rich Richman | Washington Free Beacon
Old 10-13-2014   #7

conifer, Colorado
GH-shooting fish in a barrel
http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2011/10/...ype=blogs&_r=0

He has been accused of currency manipulation many times..sure doing great things for the poor on the world huh. Bet Koch Bros give multiples percentage wise of their income to non profit and yes that would include religious institutions.

He's laughing his way to the bank as you left wingers defend him.
Old 10-14-2014   #8
gh

pnw, Colorado
WTF is wrong with you people? I posted nothing defending Soros. I think he is an ass. I think Obama was soft on the banks and its disappointing. And yes I use those products and whoopdie shit for the Koch brothers. Just because they create products that I use doesnt mean they need to do away with the EPA and try to change American policy to favor them.

Thank you for posting on Soros from something other than the Fox but I have read quite a bit on Wall Street crime. The only politician that seems to be after wall street is Senator Warren.
Old 10-14-2014   #9

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Sorry to jack the thread GH...you repubs just flat out don't get it!...I don't like how Soros makes his money ...I'd be fine with banning hedge funds!...but the way he uses money politically is infinitely more benign than the Koch's,Murdoch,Scaiffe,or Adelson.The Koch's are spearheading efforts to confuse the issue and stall action on the environment,in fact trying to increase fossil fuel consumption and lessen the regulation of it.They are not just doing what everybody else does.Who else funds /runs SEVERAL prominent think tanks and meddles in local elections to anywhere near the extent they do?Ads from AmericanEnterprise Institute,American Petroleum Institute,the American Family Research Council,and others are Koch ads.Which ads in this election cycle are primarily funded by Soros?I know he is a major donor, 23 million in 2004 or 2008 alone.One reason the dems look like they are raising more money is because these alleged charitable groups(i e Crossroads) don't have to disclose their donors .I will say I don't care for Obama /corpradems cozy relationship with Wall Street .Murdoch and Scaiffe ( along with Ailes /Limbaugh) pumped massive amounts money ,effort ,and airtime on their media outlets into right wing disinformation campaigns coordinated with right wing think tanks and the RNC.Soros saw a need for a left wing benefactor in reaction to this with Media Matters.You are doing exactly as I said ,using an example of much lesser incidence and degree to tit for tat away far more serious transgressions.
The arguments you make about us using Koch products are idiotic.Discoveries in chemistry were/are scientific inevitabilities ,not solely due to the Kochs.If they sped up the process then the should be rewarded .They were ,grossly so,they are multi -billionaires,but that is not enough for them they have to attack collective bargaining rights and lobby for tax cuts.Are there not any better alternative ways to implement scientific advances with more ethical economic models ?The fact that their products are so prolific only shows how much market share they have gobbled up.My fact checking on Soros said he is worth 7 bil and had given away 4 bil or nearly 40%.On previous fact checks of the Koch's ( circa 2012 election ) they were said to be worth 52 bil and a more recent assessment says over 70 bil so those two geezers 'earned ' nearly 20 bil in a few years.If they give away such a high % of wealth,Mr.C,what accounts for this large increase in wealth? The only other guy I know of on that scale who gave away more than 40% of his wealth is Buffet.
cayo 2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014   #10
gh

pnw, Colorado
cayo, dont worry about it. Dont forget they told employees if they didnt vote Republican they would be fired.

« Hmm | Dallas »