Irony Lives! - Mountain Buzz

Old 02-24-2009   #1

Little Village, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Irony Lives!

One of the most articulate presidents in the history of the USA, George W. Bush, has signed up with the Washington Speakers Bureau. The president will embark next month on a speaking tour that will take him to Canada, Europe and Asia.

Advertisement

Old 02-24-2009   #2

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
Riparian what do you think about past vice president Al Gore flying around to his Global Warming presentations in a Jet Plane? truely ironic isn't it.

Perfect Riparian in his or her perfect world.
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009   #3

Little Village, Colorado
Mikey, that's a poodle-rific question! I noticed you asked me in two different threads. And I've lost count of the number of times you've hounded (poodled?) other Buzzards with the same question. I guess you think it's a poodle-rific question too.

I think Al Gore should take a horse and buggy to his speaking engagements, and rather than doing a fancy multimedia extravaganza to show people like you and James Inhofe that climate change is real, I think he should draw pictures on recycled paper using a quill pen.
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2009   #4

Bozeman, Montana
Exactly what i thought; that you thought. No suprise.

Continue on with your biased ramblings.
Old 02-24-2009   #5
sj

Under this lodjic Mike. Some one that preaches enviornment should be perfect enviornmentalt speaking. Then shouldn't those that vote for and support politicians that vote for War serve in the armed forces. It seems to me. That you being a pro elective war and not being in the Armed Forces. Are guilty of the same hypocracy that you accuse Gore of. sj
sj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009   #6

Bozeman, Montana
sj i have stated my stance and reason why i have't joined yet...you may disagree with my reason; but should obama go to war as well for sending more troops to afganhistan?
Shouldn't everybody that voted for obama have to be in the armed services? If we follow what you just said, yes.

let me help open your eyes. obama, supports war!
Old 02-24-2009   #7
sj

I was using your lodjic not mine. You being hypocritical of Gore and the left by not abiding by the standards you set for others. My point would be don't hold others to values you yourself won't hold. I don't expect every R of your age to be in the service.

We are not energy independant so right now people working tward that will be hypocritical. And I do think Gore's life style takes away from his message. Plenty of hypocracy to go around would be my point. sj
Old 02-24-2009   #8

Bozeman, Montana
sj correct but supporting the war in the middle east is no less than obamas current stance.

I'm not creating more war; Al Gore is creating more pollution.
thats the difference.

i also have admitted that my stance about iraq may have been skewed.... here's the next question. if ireq was a mistake.... than what is afganhistan?
Old 02-24-2009   #9

Little Village, Colorado
Quote:
if ireq was a mistake.... than what is afganhistan?
Afghanistan is where the actual war on terrorism is being fought. There's a huge difference between the two wars.
Old 02-24-2009   #10
sj

I thought Afganistan was just. That is were the people who planned ,trained and carried out 9/11 were HQ'ed. And protected by the Afgani Government. The next attacks are being planned there now.

My biggest reason for not wanting Iraq was we were not finished in Afganistan. We are still not and we need to do so. For this reason alone I think W was a failure as CAC.

I think Obamas idea of out of Iraq and into Afganistan is the right move National Security wise. sj