If you're still undecided - Mountain Buzz

Old 10-31-2008   #1
Self-Aggrandizing jackass

The Ranch, Colorado
Paddling Since: 04
If you're still undecided

Read Esquire's first-ever endorsement of a candidate. This article says what I believe are the most important reasons that the Republican party, the party to which I have been registered since 1994, must NOT be supported in 2008, at any level:

Linky:

Money Quote:
Quote:
More than any other recent election, we are voting this year not merely for a president but to overthrow two governments. The one we can see is the one in which constitutional order has been defaced, the national spirit degraded, and the country unrecognizable because so much of the best of itself has been sold off or frittered away. The other one is the far more insidious one, a doppelgänger nation of black prisons, shredded memos, and secret justifications for even more secret crimes. Moreover, the current administration has worked hard not only to immunize itself from the political and legal consequences of the government we can see, but it has also worked within the one we cannot see in order to perpetuate itself.

Advertisement

Old 10-31-2008   #2

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
I find it absolutely astounding that anyone could be undecided at this point. What are they waiting for? The last-minute capture of Bin Laden? The Taurid Meteor shower? A clue?
DurangoSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008   #3

San Juans, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by DurangoSteve View Post
I find it absolutely astounding that anyone could be undecided at this point. What are they waiting for? The last-minute capture of Bin Laden? The Taurid Meteor shower? A clue?
Funny you should mention ol' bin laden. I have been waiting for a Bin Laden Video, or a 'credible' terror threat the come across fox news.

scott
dgosn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2008   #4

Cisco, Utah
Paddling Since: Dawn
Election Time again??? Haven't really seen hardly anything about it on the old News. All I know is there is some sort of a Baby Killing Arab runnning against somebodys GrandPa, and that he wants to propegate a Proliteteriat / Bousoisie rebellion. (Can a terrorist really run for President? Only in America...) But I am undecided. Don't think it is a good idea to elect a terrorist, but then we did elect old Nutty George.
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote