If you haven't voted and are still undecided... - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Other Chatter > The Eddy

Old 11-04-2008   #1

Golden, Colorado
If you haven't voted and are still undecided...

That means you consider the lesser of two evils still an evil. Vote Chuck Baldwin.

I still hadn't made up my mind while standing in the voting booth this morning. Then I realized that neither McCain nor Obama deserved my vote. I was about to cast my vote based on a hope for change from both candidates while not believing a word that came out of either of their mouths. Through three debates and a year and a half of campaigning, I still couldn't make a choice while standing in the voting booth? The only logical conclusion? They both suck.

So I voted for Chuck Baldwin without knowing anything about him other than he was with the Constitutional Party. Sounds Good. Done.

Well, when I get home, 15 minutes of internet research makes me feel 1000% better about my vote for Chuck Baldwin than either McCain or Obama. Turns out my man Ron Paul endorses him. So why hadn't I heard of him? Because Obama and McCain are afraid of a real debate over the real issues.

No Baldwin isn't going to win, but at least I didn't buy into the Republican and Democrat bullshit.

blutzski is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2008   #2
gh

pnw, Colorado
Yep, you really gave it to "the man".
Old 11-04-2008   #3

Golden, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by gh View Post
Yep, you really gave it to "the man".
In my own little way, yes I did. Thank you for acknowledging.

Doesn't every vote count? A vote for someone you don't believe in sends a message that you buy into their crap. Not voting sends the message that you are too lazy or don't care. A vote for a third party candidate sends the message that you do care but aren't buying it anymore.

If everyone who supported a third party candidate actually voted their values and beliefs rather than being afraid of "thowing their vote away", this country would be a different place.

You're a sheep.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2008   #4

the fort, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
just curious - what does the const. party advocate for that you so strongly believe in?
Old 11-04-2008   #5
KSC

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
A protest vote against a political process controlled by two parties is an ok vote in my opinion.
KSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008   #6

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
Good thing for the black panthers. just doing there service to the people?
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008   #7

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
"Dr." Chuck Baldwin attended Jerry Falwell's Liberty University. He has a BA and an MA... and two honorary doctorates... yet he refers to himself as "Dr."

Fun facts:
• Baldwin believes that "the South was right in the War Between the States" in that participation in the federal government is voluntary, and that the leaders of the Confederacy were not necessarily racists.
• Baldwin believes that "America was deliberately and distinctively founded as a haven for Christians."
• He believes that America has evolved to "a matriarchal society" and that it is losing the "inner toughness" of masculinity.

Uhm, "interesting" pick...
DurangoSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008   #8

at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by blutzski View Post
That means you consider the lesser of two evils still an evil. Vote Chuck Baldwin.

I still hadn't made up my mind while standing in the voting booth this morning. Then I realized that neither McCain nor Obama deserved my vote. I was about to cast my vote based on a hope for change from both candidates while not believing a word that came out of either of their mouths. Through three debates and a year and a half of campaigning, I still couldn't make a choice while standing in the voting booth? The only logical conclusion? They both suck.

So I voted for Chuck Baldwin without knowing anything about him other than he was with the Constitutional Party. Sounds Good. Done.

Well, when I get home, 15 minutes of internet research makes me feel 1000% better about my vote for Chuck Baldwin than either McCain or Obama. Turns out my man Ron Paul endorses him. So why hadn't I heard of him? Because Obama and McCain are afraid of a real debate over the real issues.

No Baldwin isn't going to win, but at least I didn't buy into the Republican and Democrat bullshit.
I don't think I've ever agreed with you before???

I voted for Ron Paul. No, I don't believe in 100% of what he says, but HE VOTED AGAINST THE WALL STREET BAILOUT, for one. Before this financial meltdown (which they all saw coming) I believe Obama and McCain were virtually the same, albeit McCain is MORE scary. Same donors, same corporate business associated, same old, same old, different face, change change change, blah blah puke! Things won't change, remember, Clinton signed this deregulation and started NAFTA, he gave it all away! Repugnocrats.
Old 11-04-2008   #9
KSC

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by DurangoSteve View Post
Fun facts:
Baldwin believes that "the South was right in the War Between the States" in that participation in the federal government is voluntary, and that the leaders of the Confederacy were not necessarily racists.
Baldwin believes that "America was deliberately and distinctively founded as a haven for Christians."
He believes that America has evolved to "a matriarchal society" and that it is losing the "inner toughness" of masculinity.
I think you accidentally did a copy/paste from Palin's website.

I mean if I was going for the protest vote I would have gone for Nader who's been railing against the two party system for years, but I guess a Ron Paul supporter might have trouble doing that. Seems like the result is the same. Any constitutional party candidate is obviously not a "real" candidate, so his vote gets logged under "other".
KSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008   #10

Golden, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dude View Post
just curious - what does the const. party advocate for that you so strongly believe in?
I have no idea what the constitutional party stands for. I just chose it while in the voting booth because I could bring myself to vote for McCain or Obanma. I believe this country is getting more and more off course the farther we stray from the constitution. I figured the Constitution Party must advocate upholding the Constitution so that's why I chose it. I'll have to research it more when I have time.

Really it was a vote against Obama and McCain more than anything. But based on my 15 minutes of internet research after getting back from voting, pretty much every issue Baldwin commented on, I agreed with. And his positions pretty much mirror Ron Paul's who I would have voted for if he were on the ballot. Plus it turns out Ron Paul endorses him. Guess I got lucky. Just goes to show you when you stick to the constitution you can't go wrong. When you start f*$&ing with it you end up with Bush/McCain/Obama.