If it's good enough for them... - Mountain Buzz

Old 09-09-2009   #1

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
If it's good enough for them...

Article 31 of the Iraqi Constitution, drafted by conservatives in the Bush Administration in 2005 and ratified by the Iraqi people, includes state-guaranteed (single payer) healthcare for life for every Iraqi citizen.

Yes, you read it correctly. Conservatives deemed "socialized medicine" a right in Iraq, yet they don't think that American citizens deserve such a right. Can someone explain this to me, por favor? I'm befuddled...

Article 31 reads:
"First: Every citizen has the right to health care. The State shall maintain public health and provide the means of prevention and treatment by building different types of hospitals and health institutions.
Second: Individuals and entities have the right to build hospitals, clinics,or private health care centers under the supervision of the State, and this shall be regulated by law."

Advertisement

Old 09-09-2009   #2
Kayak/SUP Instructor

The High Ground, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by DurangoSteve View Post
conservatives in the Bush Administration.
I don't believe there were any Conservatives in the Bush administration. Perhaps that explains it.
Old 09-09-2009   #3

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophilus View Post
I don't believe there were any Conservatives in the Bush administration. Perhaps that explains it.
LOL. Neoconservatives?
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2009   #4

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Mr. Steve, they were "Compassionate Conservatives", which is something similar to a Volvo with a gun rack.

Its ironic that team douchebag ran in 2000 under the guise of "compassionate conservatism" and then started an unnecessary war that may ultimately kill over 100,000 people.

Oh yea, and I'll include a little gem offered up by our friend Barney Frank a little while ago, who said exactly the words that Obama should have said to those juvenile congressmen who heckled him during tonights address:

Demosthenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009   #5
Definite maybe

Weld county, Colorado
Paddling Since: 0001
I think i just found jessy Ventura's running mate...Barney Frank
NoCo is offline   Reply With Quote