HEINOUS FIGURE OF THE DAY/MO./YR. - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Other Chatter > The Eddy

Old 11-16-2009   #1

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
HEINOUS FIGURE OF THE DAY/MO./YR.

Do a google search of your own on Larry Addington; raper of land and sea,screwer of coal mining pensioners ,and MAJOR Republican campaign contributer.The list of legislators he supports and vice-versa is a veritable who's who of the troglodyte wing of the republican party.

Not content with lopping off mountain tops in Appalachia and ruining their watersheds ,he took his assault on the environment to the Belizean Island of Caye Caulker.In order to have an exclusive $1000 a night golf course resort /private island.The island is mangrove and he wanted his ' man cave' to have sandy beaches, so he brought down about as much heavy equipment as there is in the whole rest of the country to dredge up sand and cut mangrove on his Xanadu.This off course disturbed the already fragile barrier reef ,the western hemispheres longest,and damaged mangrove ecosystems critical to healthy Belizean fisheries,on his and neighboring cayes.
I fantasized about paddling over there in the night and going all 'First Blood' on his callous little palace.I'm sure he's got guards that'll shoot your ass,he already bought off the local police departments by buying them fancy pickup trucks with lights and sirens,a real novelty in Bz.You see them going all Barney Fife now every chance they get.I saw a rasta man smoke these keystone cops in a foot /truck chase right on Burns Ave. in San Ignacio,it was humor.Anyway this dude is disgusting ,he and his ilk need to be called out repeatedly a little shined on their atrocious behavior.

Was trying to see if he was related to David Addington,Cheney's lawyer and equally maniacal neo-con uber thug torture advocate.Apparently he's not .

cayo 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2009   #2
swimming

conifer, Colorado
I nominate George Soros...talk about stealing from the middle class to get rich what a fuckin' duochebag hypocrite!

Master speculator and Bush hater George Soros fined for market manipulation
Advertisement

Monday, April 13, 2009
Text Size:

From Agence France-Presse:

Hungary's financial supervisory watchdog announced Friday [March 27] it had slapped a 1.6-million-euro fine on an investment fund founded by US billionaire George Soros, for manipulating the market.

The PSzAF said it had fined Soros Fund Management LLC for transactions on the Budapest stock exchange on October 9 that led to a "significant loss in value" of Hungarian OTP bank stocks, which fell in days from 4,000 forint (13.2 euros, 17.86 dollars) to 2,500 forint.

The PSzAF "is imposing a 489-million-forint fine on Soros Fund Management LLC...

Read full article...

Billionaire Soros predicts commercial property crash

Legendary speculator goes super long Petrobras and Potash

Soros calls "bear-market rally"
mr. compassionate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009   #3
swimming

conifer, Colorado
I'd also like to nominate Sean Penn for his exclusive interview of Fidel Castro. Can we ban Penn from coming back to the US please.
mr. compassionate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2009   #4

Denver, Colorado
Mr. C,That's pretty disgusting alright ,I think hedge funds should be broken up and banned.At least Soros uses some of his ill gotten gains for good causes,a lot more than can be said for Walton or Murdock.I am sure they all support various charities for PR and tax write offs ,their political activism is what I mean.

There is nothing wrong with interviewing/having talks with any world leader good or bad,how else are you supposed to have a dialogue.Just another ridiculous repub bullet point.Pretending somebody doesn't exist will somehow solve the problems.Castro is no worse than scores of right wing tyrants wev'e supported the last 150 years in Latin America,many trained at our dictator school at Ft . Benning, Georgia.We meddled in their affairs repeatedly, not the other way around.We had missiles in Turkey BEFORE the Cuban missile crisis.We tried to INVADE them at the Bay of Pigs A YEAR BEFORE.According to US mythology we were somehow the good guys.We continue to brown nose ultra right wing descendants of the deposed oligarchs lurking like vultures in south Florida,because they represent an important voting block for conservatives.We allow them to plot terrorism and sedition [along with anti Chavistas] against other countries and harbor a known anti- Castro terrorist who murdered 68 people.The same reasons we invaded Afghanistan and had sanctions on Libya for what 15-20 years.Total hypocrisy,period.Don't blame all of Cuba's economic woes on Castro ,wev'e had a blockade for decades and pressured others not to deal with Cuba. I wish he would constitutionalize nationalized resources in perpetuity ,but allow elected representatives to manage them,including private sub contracting with oversight.You guys in true Mc Carthyistic fashion think you can bully away a masssive chunk of the spectrum of economic thought ,just because you're short sighted and greedy. Supply side neo con economics advocates are in no position to criticize the morality of other systems.The facts speak for themselves most other industrialized nations have surpassed us in providing quality lives for their citizens without compromising personal freedoms one bit.Arguably they are freer than us because they are provided health care and education at affordable prices liberating them from the burdens we have to suffer to get those things.
Old 11-16-2009   #5

Land of Lovin, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Welcome back Cayo, missed reading you here!

I nominate the POTUS, look at the terrible things he's doing for America, like following cultural traditions!!!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20091116...20091116162504
Jensjustduckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009   #6

Denver, Colorado
I said Caye Caulker meant Caye Chapel,they are a couple miles apart. Larry Assington and Key Crap-all.
Old 11-16-2009   #7

Denver, Colorado
Showing respect to other world leaders,what a traitor. We should send John Bolton over there on an ill will tour to make up for it.
Old 11-17-2009   #8

Cayo 2, tell us what you really think!!!!

I'm not sure i understand the ''other'' industrialized nations that have surpassed us. Is health care and education the only two items that keep us in this unadvanced state?

Penn should be on the douchbag list, fact!!!
Palo Duro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009   #9

West slope, Colorado
Just saying

Obama bowed to the Emporer of Japan, the teabagging f**kwits wet themselves. Apparently their memories are shorter then their
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bush_kiss.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	2086   Click image for larger version

Name:	bush_bow_pope.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	2087  

TierraoMuerte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009   #10

Little Village, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by TierraoMuerte View Post
Obama bowed to the Emporer of Japan, the teabagging f**kwits wet themselves. Apparently their memories are shorter then their
Yeah, but it's uh, different, when President Bush did it. Plus, he's not black.