freebording? - Mountain Buzz

Old 05-24-2009   #1

Arvada, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1991
Send a message via Skype™ to tsavo
freebording?

Anyone on the front range familiar with this? Do you do it?

Le'me know.

tsavo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2009   #2
over the horizon

Carbondale, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Freebords - oh yes they work

Had one for several years now. Painful learning curve, but it's a hoot once you get it. The steeper the street the better. It really is a lot like snowboarding.
BmfnL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009   #3
I'm right 50% of the time

RFV, CO
Paddling Since: 1977
Hate to bash a "skateboard", but as a life long skater, I just do not see it. There are a bunch ( t-Board, the wave, stowboard, flowboard, street board, flowboard, snakeboard) of wanna be skateboards for people with cash to ride. Get a real longboard and go bomb a hill, ar a street deck and rip the park or supermarket parking lot. As far as these others, you might as well be on rollerblades or a razor scooter. The freeboard looks the most similar, but I'm still call BS.
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2009   #4

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 05
negative nancy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendodendo View Post
Hate to bash a "skateboard", but as a life long skater, I just do not see it. There are a bunch ( t-Board, the wave, stowboard, flowboard, street board, flowboard, snakeboard) of wanna be skateboards for people with cash to ride. Get a real longboard and go bomb a hill, ar a street deck and rip the park or supermarket parking lot. As far as these others, you might as well be on rollerblades or a razor scooter. The freeboard looks the most similar, but I'm still call BS.

Brendo, whatsup you negative nancy! as long as you have fun get some! I prefer my sec9 pintail, till some drunk bastard stole it,, or maybee my drunk ass left it, ahhh (*&^*&%*!! anyways you gonna go westy with me or what. thinking of heading to your neck of the woods after words then to Fibark! let me know bro. adios
benjicross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009   #5

Dude, nothing compares to snowboarding on ground like a Streetboard. Sure skateboarding has fliptricks, but for us snowboarders, that doesn't help the jib factor and big air during off-season. freebords are ok... I guess. C'mon dude skiers are usually rollerbladers, but if you strap into a snowboard.. why wouldnt you strap into your streetboard?? and that scooter comment was pretty irreverent when you realize that this is STREETBOARDING...

hardwired13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009   #6

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
I used to have a free board. it was awesome going down hill, but kinda sucked if you have to push across anything flat just like a snowboard. i'd say that if you have the bindings on the only difference is when you ketch your downhill edge your heading for a face plant on concrete instead of snow. thats why i stopped ridding it. its sooooo mucsh closer than any of the other flow, snakeboards. not everyone wants to ride a streetboard all the time, i love to longboard but eventually speed wobble hits you at the bottom of a hill and you've got to head for the grass if your going faster than you can run bc you can drag your foot to slow down. freeboards dont have speed wobble and you can controll your speed easliy. i would warn if you lean too far back on you heal edge your butt will find the ground pretty fast. mine is up for sale at the used gear place in north boulder if you wanna get a cheap one. hehe
Old 06-16-2009   #7

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Send a message via AIM to MPCahn

I like these, they are fun, and carving downhill and in bowls is smooth.
MPCahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009   #8

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
get a short board and bomb the hills, closest youll ever be to snowboarding.. yeah some speed wobbles but man up.. you can damn near slide and carve down where ever you want to go plus you can do all the flip tricks ollies whatever and the best part you don't have those nancy bindings bs on the deck.. talk about nancy. short board for life.
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009   #9

Central, Colorado
My freelines are for sale -- $60. In great shape.

https://www.mountainbuzz.com/swap/sho...?product=13136
tpalka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009   #10

B.F.E., Wyoming
Those freelines look like a broken ankle waiting to happen
freexbiker is offline   Reply With Quote