Free Video Editing Software? - Mountain Buzz

Old 02-04-2014   #1

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Free Video Editing Software?

Hi Buzzards,

My wife's looking for a freeware video editing packaging that will allow adding subtitles and other basic functions. Can anyone recommend packages out there that are easy to learn and use?

Thanks in advance!

-AH

Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2014   #2

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
If the OP is Windows, then the computer probably came with Windows Movie Maker. It's pretty easy and can do all of the things you mentioned.
xena13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014   #3

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Windows movie maker is the simplest and easiest to learn, but has the least options. I had very good luck with a trial version of Correl video studio. Also have used Sony Vegas, but it is much more complicated to learn.
lmyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2014   #4
LSB
Renaissance Redneck

Huson, Montana
Paddling Since: 1988
There are a few online options where you upload your raw footage, do your edits then download the finished piece. I've used "jaycut" and it worked pretty well. The problem I've had lately is that some editors, movie maker included, don't like the mp4 file format that most little photo/video cameras shoot. So I had to download a file converter too.
Old 02-05-2014   #5

x, x
Paddling Since: x
Quote:
Originally Posted by xena13 View Post
If the OP is Windows, then the computer probably came with Windows Movie Maker. It's pretty easy and can do all of the things you mentioned.

yes, this. ^^^

if you have any new version of windows, it should be intalled. easy to use, and does what you need.
bobbuilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014   #6

Albany, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbuilds View Post
yes, this. ^^^

if you have any new version of windows, it should be intalled. easy to use, and does what you need.
Has anyone found a way to use WMM to combine clips in a picture in picture mode?
malloypc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014   #7
LSB
Renaissance Redneck

Huson, Montana
Paddling Since: 1988
Quote:
Originally Posted by malloypc View Post
Has anyone found a way to use WMM to combine clips in a picture in picture mode?
You could probably do it with a screen recorder. you would play both on your screen and record that then use WMM to do the edits. It would just mean another downloaded freeware.