Financial Crisis - Mountain Buzz

Old 12-15-2008   #1

at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
Financial Crisis

Here's an article I thought some of you might enjoy.

Capitalist Fools

Advertisement

Old 12-15-2008   #2
gh

pnw, Colorado
Interesting article, thanks.
Old 12-15-2008   #3

SE, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 1986
Right on the money, so to speak.

The so-called bailout is a sequel. The original drama was titled: Why govern, when you can talk trash, blow stuff up, and let your friends cheat and steal?

The sequel is: Wow! We can print money and shovel it out to our own class (i.e. upper-uppers).

Imagine it as a movie: with the castle in flames, collapsing around them, the Bushies are looting the treasure vaults, while trying to blame the whole mess on low-income homebuyers and the unions.

If there is an axis of evil, it runs through the White House and Wall Street.
Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2008   #4

Grand Junction, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Why is it that our collective memories are so short, and so selective? Even a cursory study of history shows that a truly free marketplace is just as impossible a dream as true communism. It looks great on paper, but people screw it all up. If we're going to have a free market system, we need someone perfect (or at least transparent, all of you I'll-absolutely-trust-a-gov't-that-says-it's-watching-out-for-my-own-good-
and-also-isn't-up-to-anything-I-wouldn't-approve-of-even-though-I-can't-
actually-get-any-proof-ever types) watching over us with a club. With a huge, nail and broken glass, napalm-covered ugly club.
Old 12-16-2008   #5

at my house, Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip View Post
Right on the money, so to speak.

The so-called bailout is a sequel. The original drama was titled: Why govern, when you can talk trash, blow stuff up, and let your friends cheat and steal?

The sequel is: Wow! We can print money and shovel it out to our own class (i.e. upper-uppers).

Imagine it as a movie: with the castle in flames, collapsing around them, the Bushies are looting the treasure vaults, while trying to blame the whole mess on low-income homebuyers and the unions.

If there is an axis of evil, it runs through the White House and Wall Street.
I wonder how much money supply they are generating by not taking any out of circulation??? Adding to the top, keeping the bottom up too.

I recently heard a story on NPR (who I really can't stand anymore and have taken to calling it national pentagon radio, but what' the radio alternative in Montana???) and they summed up the controversy over mountain top mining back east as a fight between people who want cheap energy, and those that prefer landscapes. WTF!!!!! Right, us and them, the poor and us "landscape freaks". No talk of corporate responsibility, cleanup costs, COMPLETE ERADICATION OF ECOSYSTEMS, and how that devastation will flow down hill with the water that no longer has a stream bed. Unbelievable. They (bush-azaro-world)even took over the closest thing to a liberal media, gutted it and left the gutpiles to draw bears in campers sleeping bags in yellowstone. What human trash! I wish I could throw a shoe!

Free market - free profits, socialized losses. It's always existed in the true form, they just kept the form secret so we'd think it was good.
Old 12-16-2008   #6
gh

pnw, Colorado
Quote:
I recently heard a story on NPR (who I really can't stand anymore and have taken to calling it national pentagon radio, but what' the radio alternative in Montana???)
Satellite radio, its the shit.
Old 12-17-2008   #7

at my house, Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by gh View Post
Is there any real investigative journalism on it? Like Democracy now, or other journalism that is digging deep and not just repeating talking points?
Old 12-17-2008   #8

Unincorporated Douglas County, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by gh View Post
I'm just really pissed that they dropped the "Beyond Jazz" channel when they merged.

And Ihowemt, there is a lot of talk/ political stuff, but I just listen to the music, so I can't really comment on it.
rwhyman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008   #9
gh

pnw, Colorado
I listen to the music, I am not really very deep and thoughtful.
Old 12-17-2008   #10
Self-Aggrandizing jackass

The Ranch, Colorado
Paddling Since: 04
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhowemt View Post
Is there any real investigative journalism on it? Like Democracy now, or other journalism that is digging deep and not just repeating talking points?
In a word: No.

I'm a huge talk-radio fan, and I listen to satellite talk a lot. The news feeds are from cable TV or NPR. Now, NPR options are greater than you get locally (two or three channels so you can catch more programs that maybe your area doesn't broadcast), and there's also CBC (Canada) and BBC (UK) news channels, but nothing like Democracy Now (that I know of).

Next time you're at Best Buy, or someplace similar, check out the channel guide, or go to sirius.com and see. I'm not sure what XM may be bringing to the package now that they're merged.

There's a lot more financial news, too. Bear in mind when you see things like CNN or CNBC, you're getting a radio feed of their television broadcast.