Emergency Re-branding - Mountain Buzz

Old 02-25-2009   #1

Little Village, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Emergency Re-branding

The GOP has decided to lose the elephant as its symbol. Unnamed sources have confirmed the new image that will be incorporated into the GOP logo. Here's the image that was leaked by party insiders.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	crying-baby.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	1071  

Advertisement

Old 02-25-2009   #2

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
good thing riparian really pays attention to the important shit.

whats it make you for posting a post that has zero relevance to anything postive?

You are really drawing in people with your views. You truely are inspiring.
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009   #3

Little Village, Colorado
Cute kid, huh? Everyone loves babies. I personally think its a smart move on their part. So did the focus group.
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2009   #4

Bozeman, Montana
riparian, good question, when are you going to grow out of your diaper?

you must be one of those sheeps that the media feeds off of. you are the reason why the world is in shambles today. bahhh baahhhhh
Old 02-25-2009   #5

Little Village, Colorado
Thank you so much for everything. Where do I send the check?
Old 02-25-2009   #6
Self-Aggrandizing jackass

The Ranch, Colorado
Paddling Since: 04
Who's posting for Mike? I see proper sentence structure My compliments to you. It's obvious you're paying attention to your message delivery, and I appreciate it.

Mike, let's compare the Republican Congress of say, 2005 to today. Don't you find it noteworthy that when they were in charge and aided by a GOP president their tone was "eff the little Dems; they're not in charge".

Now it's "we have to represent all the people".

I don't know if you watched Tuesday's presser between Obama and members of Congress. If you have not, Mike, please do. PLEASE do, it was an awesome moment in US political history (because a president taking questions from select members of Congress has never occurred in such a forum before).

Note that what Obama said was:
"The majority has to be inclusive. The minority has to be constructive."

I'm waiting for constructive Republicans, and I don't see many. I'm not casting them all as Sean Hannity clones; I don't want to stereotype. I see them as playing short-term, news-cycle politics when Obama (at LEAST Obama, if not Dem Congress) is playing long-term, 'teachable moment' politics.

(that being said, I wasn't terribly impressed with last night's Dr. Feelgood speech, but there is some encouraging signs of maturity in that Administration)
Old 02-25-2009   #7

Bozeman, Montana
Helio, I have a hard time trusting a politicain who turns down tax payer campaign financing for private funding. Who does he work for?

Who do any of them, reblicans or democrats, work for?
I can take a guess, you may disagree, none of us.

It's also sad to see, the Giant Melting pot called the USA, be reduced to only two ideologies.
Not very abstract is it Riparian?

Continue, your battle royal.
Old 02-25-2009   #8

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 93
That's funny, I guess all those tens of millions of SMALL donors were not the American public at large. Which is more American, getting to office with the general public bankrolling you willingly? Or taking taxpayer money with out anyone actually agreeing to give to you specifically?
Trick question! Neither, they are both very American.

This whole tit for tat is just pointless. Look, Obama has only been in office for a month for christís sake. Whether you like him or not, you all will have to give him a couple of years to say if he is doing good or not. Even the repubs were glad that the moderate gops actually voted for the stimulus package as it passed the bill, but gave them cover for their right wing base. No amount of whining will change that now. Sit back and take a Valium or something if you little heart is all a twitter at the thought of spending $ to try and stimulate the economy. Now only time will tell if it helps or not.
Snowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009   #9

Bozeman, Montana
snowhere was there anything stopping obama from taking multiple doantions from the same donor?

snowhere, here's a new flash, we are in a "Global" economy. How are you positive, the stimulus package, will get us out of the recession, rather than the recession ending on its own?

Do you know something that nobody else knows that this stimulus package will garantee the end of the recession? Do you have proof the spending will pull us out of the recession?

I don't wait years before I decide if im going to trust somebody or not. Wasn't that one of our last mistakes with Bushy?

I believe its going to get alot worse. Painting a picture of sunshine while watching the rain; is a denial of the "uncomfortable realities" which are our world.
Old 02-25-2009   #10
Self-Aggrandizing jackass

The Ranch, Colorado
Paddling Since: 04
Quote:
Originally Posted by caspermike View Post
snowhere was there anything stopping obama from taking multiple doantions from the same donor?
Yes, there are laws and a maximum individual contribution amount. Under 3K dollars, I believe, but maybe it's 5.

Quote:
Do you know something that nobody else knows that this stimulus package will garantee the end of the recession? Do you have proof the spending will pull us out of the recession?

I believe its going to get alot worse. Painting a picture of sunshine while watching the rain; is a denial of the "uncomfortable realities" which are our world
After reading and reading and reading:
No one truly knows.

The consensus of smart economist dudes is that doing nothing means rapid worsening and very slow recovery.

The stimulus may do something and may not do something to stop the worsening. It probably will do something positive. It probably will increase the recovery, but no one, now or in the future, will ever be able to quantify its future effects.

It could, of course, create such deficits that America defaults on its debt. What happens then, nobody knows.

Note that when I say "the stimulus" I'm talking about everything that's going to be done between September 08 and the end of this year (in terms of allocation of government money).