Well, it was pretty clear to me early on that the Republicans would take control of Congress. 6 years of lousy economic news made the outcome pretty much a forgone conclusion.
What amazed me is that even now, the Democrats are finding blame; Pelosi made some noise about Democratic voters not voting (Oh, but they did; with their feet).
The reality is that when times suck, those in power get bounced.
So what happens now? Schutzie has his crystal ball out; this is his prediction for the next 18 months;
1) Against all advice and threats, Obama will give amnesty to illegal immigrants and the Republicans will foam at the mouth. I mean, at this point what does he have to loose?
2) Congress will pass a load of legislation, most of it carefully crafted so that Obama will almost be forced to veto it. Republicans will foam at the mouth.
3) The economy, led by increasing debt, will continue to limp along.
4) There will be a terrorist attack on US interests. It may or may not be on US soil, and likely not be as devastating as 9/11, but it will be bigger than the Cole or the US embassy attacks.
5) Democrats and Republicans will trip over each other blaming "the other party" for the attacks.
6) Obama will publicly order air strikes in the desert that will result in spectacular fireworks, but have little impact on the terrorists.
7) Obama will privately order the SEALS, Rangers and Green Berets to get out there and stop that shit.
Congress and Obama will continue to be uncooperative; they will continue to blame each other.
9) It is almost a forgone conclusion that in 2016 we'll have a Republican President and a Republican Congress. Democrats will foam at the mouth.