Dick Cheney and Karl Rove are traitors - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Other Chatter > The Eddy

Old 12-25-2008   #1

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Dick Cheney and Karl Rove are traitors

While I may be accused of being a liberal thirsty for revenge, I would like to state the case for the prosecution and eventual long term inprisonment of both.

I'm sure you are all aware of the Valerie Plame scandal. Valerie Plame, a loyal CIA agent within the Bush administration, tasked with finding evidence of WMDs within Iraq before the invasion, was outed in an article written by a conservative newspaper editor. She had previously been a sucessful agent in positions of great responsibility.

Valerie Plame's husband, a state department official, had written an op-ed article in the New York Times criticizing the WMD hysteria within the Bush Administration in the leadup to the Iraq invasion. This article had garnered some significant attention in the press. Blowing Plame's cover was a way to keep her husband quiet, but who might have an interest in doing so?

Oh yea, Karl Rove and Dick Cheney! Luckily they had Scooter Libby around to take the hit for the administration (Lewis Libby - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) when people began to question whether outing Plame was the right thing to do during war time. Oh yea, we were already in a war, in Afghanistan (it was already on the back burner at this point).

As far as I am concerned, and I hope that at least some of you are with me, purposely blowing a spy's cover, during war-time, because her husband expresses opinions you don't like counts as treason. If, during WWII, Roosevelt had disliked the husband of someone who had helped break the Japanese code, and he blew the cover of the entire operation, the offense would have been unpardonable.

Working against your country's forces during war-time is treason. Expressing your opinions is patriotism.

What Valerie Plame Really Did at the CIA

Demosthenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2008   #2

Down by the River, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2004
Hey Wifeof... You just wanting to get all of the conservatives republicans fired up? Can't get me. I hate 'em all. We need more Ron Pauls and less career politician assholes. Hence, why I insist on keeping my guns. When their is a time to kick out all the corrupt politicians, both democrats and republicans, I'll be there. Point being Cheney and all of them are criminals. Hate 'em all....
boatmusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008   #3

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Cheney and Rove are loyalists! Loyal to an utterly disproven and discredited NeoClown worldview that has contributed to America's decline. I would love to see the entire PNAC cabal serving life sentences in Leavenworth. Bush, as enabler, should be their cellblock buttboy. Maybe they can put on the Leavenworth production of "Jail House Rock" with all their spare time.
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2008   #4

Durango, Colorado
Monica had more president in her than Bush ever will.
Old 12-26-2008   #5

SE, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 1986
Check this out. As fantastical mistakes go, it's right up there with the George W. Bush Library.

Click image for larger version

Name:	UWCheneyCenter.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	181.7 KB
ID:	915

When Bush and Cheney were appointed by the Supreme Court, the latter put his investments (clean money, no doubt, like clean coal) in a trust, with part of the income going to UW. The trustees were so grateful to be holding Boss Cheney's bag that they decided to name a building after our beloved Veep— one of those pre-paid honors.

The Cheney International Center— a headfirst dive into irony. Maybe they'll follow it up with the Mugabe School of Economic Development or the Milosevic Center for Human Rights.
Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008   #6

Durango, Colorado
It is absolutey disgusting how President Clinton was almost impeached for getting a blow job while Cheney remained in office depsite purposely undermining American intelligence operations during a war. Which of these actually hurts the American people in any way? One provides valuable entertainment, the other puts us at risk. It takes a long time to develop an effective agent and to provide believable cover. Blowing Plame's cover undermines years of work and cost us plenty of tax dollars as well.
While lining up a blow job in the oval office can take some significant (sometimes years of) work, it didn't waste tax-payer's money and it certainly (besides maybe Monica's taste buds) didn't put anybody at risk. One was almost punished, the other went unnoticed (Possibly absurd?).
Old 12-27-2008   #7

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demosthenes View Post
Now that is just funny as hell!
Old 12-28-2008   #8

Grand Junction, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demosthenes View Post
Although considering the high-profile christian conservative and/or fundamentalist track record, I guess we'll never know...
Old 12-28-2008   #9

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Trying Cheney in the Hague for war profiteering and and authorizing torture would go a long way to restoring our standing internationally.I don't know if they can get Bush that easily.probably not Rove or Rice either [ their reputations are toast though},maybe Rumsfeldt,Yoo, and Gonzales.
cayo 2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008   #10

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
you don't understand the truth becaue you still want to believe that one side is better than the other... thats funny.
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote