Dallas - Mountain Buzz

Old 10-15-2014   #1
Beginner

Eastern Slope, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
Dallas

I'm in Dallas on business all week. Aside from unprotected sex with nurses and sharing needles, anyone have any non-Ebola causing suggestions for fun while I'm here? It's a far cry from my little mountain town and I'm getting sick of the hotel TV...

Randaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2014   #2
gh

pnw, Colorado
Its a very large town so narrow that down but I would say hockey is good at the AAC and they have a ton of good restaurants. Good museums in Fort Worth. Nothing else comes to mind.
Old 10-15-2014   #3
Beginner

Eastern Slope, Colorado
Hockey? I was thinking about Internet hunting and finding a drill - it - yourself oil rig.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2014   #4

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Didn't they build a whitewater park on the Trinity River?
Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014   #5

Bailey, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2007
They did build a park just south east of downtown. The levels were good/decent till yesterday evening. I like to go out there between 1200-3000 cfs. These are the best levels in my opinion.

If your still bumming around this evening you may try looking up Dave Holl with kayak instruction. He's out towards the rowlett area on Ray Hubbard and is a jackson superstore. He's a great guy I teach with and has all kinds of boats to rent if your just going stir crazy.
Ripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014   #6

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
kitschy Kennedy assassination tourism and conspiracy theorizing....join a state secession movement...teach Rick Perry how to count to three...
cayo 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014   #7
Beginner

Eastern Slope, Colorado
Thanks everybody. I ended up watching Discovery Channel at the hotel for days. The tap water here is disgusting, I can't imagine paddling on an urban drainage. Thank God I get to leave tomorrow!
Old 10-23-2014   #8
FISHTARD

Minturn, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2014
Still there?

If youre still there- head over to Katy Trail Ice House and prey on some good looking women.

Its where im from, Its what I know.

Trust me.

If you look like youre from a mountain town, and have a beard... no words needed.

EDIT- just saw ou left 5 days ago. My bad.