Coronavirus Thread - Page 2 - Mountain Buzz

Old 03-19-2020   #11

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubie Jon View Post
Here is another good "straight shooting" resource.

https://hub.jhu.edu/health/
Jon, how are health care workers being protected? Are you being tested? Frequently?

GeoRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2020   #12

Eagle, Colorado
Insert laugh emoji!

No we are getting PPE with strick regs.... at least here in the mountains.... We are deferring testing unless sick .... Holding out!
Nubie Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020   #13
Sponsoring Vendors

Paddling Since: 1994
In Salida if a worker gets tested its because they have symptoms. They are put on quarantine until test comes back negative. Right now that is running 7+days. Better hope they don't start testing all the employees or healthcare will be non existent.

SO got a travel nurse posting the other day for $5500/week they are so short in some places. Told her to quit here and go! That way she can stop bringing shit home to me. LOL
zbaird is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2020   #14

Eagle, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by zbaird View Post
In Salida if a worker gets tested its because they have symptoms. They are put on quarantine until test comes back negative. Right now that is running 7+days. Better hope they don't start testing all the employees or healthcare will be non existent.
That is the norm.... though we like to call it isolation.... you can come right back to work on a negative test, as of today was 5-7 days with commercial labs opening up testing options. Quarantine comes with a positive test and that means 10 days to 2 weeks with the last 72 hours fever free.... Sometimes I feel we are not testing just for that reason. Being in a community spread area testing takes on a whole new dimension....

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbaird View Post
SO got a travel nurse posting the other day for $5500/week they are so short in some places. Told her to quit here and go! That way she can stop bringing shit home to me. LOL
I truly miss the days of a $1200 day rate to work in Iraq as a contractor.... if they offered that again..... I'd self isolate there!
Old 03-19-2020   #15

Eagle, Colorado
Another interesting response.....

https://www.vaildaily.com/news/vail-...ountry-rivers/
Old 03-21-2020   #16

Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1986
Say a person has a R/HT permit, and can fully rig without going shopping, the only commodity needed along the way would be pay at the pump fuel, and self-shuttling. Is that selfish to go ahead and make that trip happen?
DoStep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020   #17

Golden, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoStep View Post
Say a person has a R/HT permit, and can fully rig without going shopping, the only commodity needed along the way would be pay at the pump fuel, and self-shuttling. Is that selfish to go ahead and make that trip happen?
It is nearly impossible to say that there is something wrong with what you propose. After all, what could possibly go wrong?

The problem is, if the back-country were left open as you suggest, it is unlikely that everyone will be as "safe" as you intend. That is, there will be a flood of people going to the back-country which is what was happening to Moab for example.(Several days ago a friend of ours who lives in Frisco said everyone there out of work was heading to the desert. Especially the young out-of-workers. (Ya,hooo. Party time.))

For this to succeed so we can get back to near normal ASAP we cannot have a country of people mobilized to do long distance travel and contamination just because they have the day off.

Bottom-line, you can't always get what you want.

Thank you very much if you play it safe and stay put.

Signed:
From someone in the potentially 1-in-10-die-age-range. Not as bad as playing Russian Roulette but bad enough.
Old 03-22-2020   #18

Salida, Colorado
Well the permit holder decided to cxl the trip, she just thought it through and decided it was better to not go for the multitude of obvious reasons. It was the first permit she had acquired on her own and while of course she is disappointed, she understands it'll still be there when we get through this. She went through the thought process without any input from me, so at least I know I got something across while raising her. (patting self on back........ )
Old 03-22-2020   #19

Golden, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoStep View Post
Well the permit holder decided to cxl the trip, she just thought it through and decided it was better to not go for the multitude of obvious reasons. It was the first permit she had acquired on her own and while of course she is disappointed, she understands it'll still be there when we get through this. She went through the thought process without any input from me, so at least I know I got something across while raising her. (patting self on back........ )
I'm truly very sorry your trip canceled. I love R/HT in the spring.
Old 03-22-2020   #20

Salida, Colorado
I wasn't invited...