Coming soon to the liqour store near you... - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Other Chatter > The Eddy

Old 04-21-2014   #1
Old Guy in a PFD

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1967
Coming soon to the liqour store near you...

Now this is something the river community can get behind with enthusiasm.

Palcohol

What you ask is Palcohol?

Powdered booze. Really.

I mean think about it. No more messy jugs of Gin or bladders of booze to leak all over. Just little packets of powder, and with a bit of water you can have your favorite beverage.

The possibilities are endless.

Consider a Rum and Coke using unfiltered, unsettled water from the creek that runs through the Grand Canyon. It would give whole new meaning to the drink; more like a Rum and sludge

Or a Vodka Gimlet made with left over dishwater. A new take on "bubbly"

Or you could be a sissy and use your scarce water supplies; according to the manufacturer, 5 OZ. is all you need for a standard drink.

And then of course you could dispense with the water all together and snort the powder.

Or sprinkle it on your Wheaties.

Or what the heck, just suck that powder right up, just like you did with Pixie stix as a kid.

Beer apparently isn't an immediate planned product, but with a bit of menthol in the mix you'd at least think it was cold. Maybe.

In any case, the FDA has approved it, and here's the web site.

http://www.palcohol.com/

CHeers!

Schutzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2014   #2

montrose, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Dammit, now you have me thinking about molecular chemistry and how this is even possible, can we just argue about politics some more?

I am still waiting for David Nutt's alcohol alternative that produces no hangover and has an antidote pill that immediately sobers you up.

Well, I guess i'll just have to go snort another beer instead...
mikepart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014   #3

montrose, Colorado
This would go very well with my dehydrated water product, just paypal me $50 and I will mail you an envelope with 100 gallons of dehydrated water.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2014   #4

Salt Lake City, Utah
Paddling Since: 1979
major fail

It's twice as heavy as carrying Everclear. The one ounce plus pack yields little more than an ounce of 100 proof alcohol. And expect triple the price. Maybe useful for backpacking where you can get water. A couple two pound fuel bottles of Everclear will go a long way...
catsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014   #5

Pinecliffe, Colorado
Paddling Since: 05
The patent was issued by mistake, no deal.
Old 04-22-2014   #6

montrose, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsailor View Post
It's twice as heavy as carrying Everclear. The one ounce plus pack yields little more than an ounce of 100 proof alcohol. And expect triple the price. Maybe useful for backpacking where you can get water. A couple two pound fuel bottles of Everclear will go a long way...
Yep, ethanol is ethanol, and everclear is nearly pure ethanol. In order to get it to be a solid you either must get it really, really cold or bind it to something else, which of course adds weight. The only reason I could see for this would be as a novelty or to disguise your alcohol from someone like parents, law enforcement, or teachers.
Old 04-27-2014   #7

Reno, Nevada
Paddling Since: 1998
151 and crystal light has gotten me from Baja to Alaska.
desertcat is offline   Reply With Quote