http://projects.propublica.org/pactr...ributions/tree

Advertisement

Old 10-29-2012   #2

Yes, disturbing. I saw this:
basil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012   #3
swimming

conifer, Colorado
I assume since this is pacs that it doesn't count union money. Add that in and I bet it's close to equal. Super Pacs have levelled the playing field in this area. Unions have always given huge amounts of money to the left and now the right has an antidote.

Sorry gh, you're gonna lose this one and I don't want to hear any whining afterwards about how the election was stolen.
mr. compassionate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2012   #4
gh

pnw, Colorado
I thought the report was fairly equally balanced as it showed supporters from both sides. The post didnt favor a side to require me to 'lose' anything.

And actually the report does show union dollars.
Old 10-30-2012   #5
gh

pnw, Colorado
For me, the really interesting part that I just noticed is the Armstrong group as donors to the conservative PAC. Wonder if Armstrong is trying to buy his way out of criminal prosecution or to get some other favorable decisions such as getting USADA to rescind its charges?
Old 10-30-2012   #6
gh

pnw, Colorado
Conspiracy theory ruined, the Armstrong group isnt Lance armstrong.
Old 11-01-2012   #7

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. compassionate View Post
I assume since this is pacs that it doesn't count union money. Add that in and I bet it's close to equal. Super Pacs have levelled the playing field in this area. Unions have always given huge amounts of money to the left and now the right has an antidote.
Yeah those poor suffering Koch brothers and company. So put upon by workers wanting living wages. Some even want homes with garages or to put their kids thru college and maybe have a retirement plan besides a massive cardiac arrest. How can a CEO afford a car elevator when his employees want to be paid a living wage. Oh the powerlessness of only making 200 times the median wage of your employees. 30 years ago it was 24 times the median wage. How did those poor CEO's of yesteryear make ends meat without Super Pacs? Yeah we should all cry for them. they have it real tough..... Boo hoo.
Old 11-01-2012   #8
gh

pnw, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by treehugger View Post
Yeah those poor suffering Koch brothers and company. So put upon by workers wanting living wages. Some even want homes with garages or to put their kids thru college and maybe have a retirement plan besides a massive cardiac arrest. How can a CEO afford a car elevator when his employees want to be paid a living wage. Oh the powerlessness of only making 200 times the median wage of your employees. 30 years ago it was 24 times the median wage. How did those poor CEO's of yesteryear make ends meat without Super Pacs? Yeah we should all cry for them. they have it real tough..... Boo hoo.
I think the Koch brothers make more than 24 times the median wage. Its funny to me that the rich can play a couple of bad examples of waste and use it to get the middle class to vote themselves into a hole.
Old 11-01-2012   #9
swimming

conifer, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by treehugger View Post
Before you go spouting off about the evil Koch brothers about who you have no idea how they treat there employees. I do business with Koch Industries and their subsidiary Flint Hills Resources. They pay their employees more than a living wage, the employees are very happy and stay with the company. Another area where you are grossly misinformed yet again!
mr. compassionate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012   #10

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
Yeah the Koch bros are making around 200 times the median salary of their employees if they are on average with other CEO's. My guess is that it is higher than that. In the 70's ceo's made 24 times the median wage of their employees. I have a hard time seeing how unions are screwing the man, or that superpacs are leveling the playing field. I guess maybe that is so in bizzaro opposite land. But here in this reality, with the increase in wage inequality over the years. The people and corporations supporting the superpacs have done just fine without having this advantage in our election process.