Buzzards needed to help stop state legislation - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Other Chatter > The Eddy

Old 04-21-2015   #1

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Buzzards needed to help stop state legislation

Hey Buzzards!

The Colorado state Senate Republicans are trying to push through a bill that was literally written by the free market think tank, ALEC, which is heavily funded by large extraction industries, and other major US corporations.

Here is a blog describing the Republican con game.

Here is a statement from CO's Senate Democrats

SB15-039 is the beginning steps to selling and leasing CO's federally protected public lands and wilderness areas. The bill passed today in the Republican controlled senate. However, the House is controlled by the Democrats, which means this bill has a fair chance of being killed.

This is where we need your help. If you have a spare minute, and if you disagree with the bill, please email your CO state house representative to express your opposition to it. This is incredibly important, and stopping state legislation is still one area where your civic engagement can make a difference. Please share this with as many people as you can if you care about the future of Colorado's public lands, wilderness areas and river access!

Here is the link for all of CO's state house representatives

Your email can be as simple as (and feel free to copy and paste):
Please vote NO on SB15-039. I am an avid outdoor enthusiast who enjoys our protected public lands, and I think this bill will endanger our public lands and Colorado's federally protected wilderness areas.
Thank you,

marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2015   #2

montrose, Colorado
It's ok, even gun toting, red blooded, real Americans can hate this republican bill: Colorado Sportsmen Target Bills That Threaten State's Public Lands
mikepart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015   #3

Denver, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepart View Post
It's ok, even gun toting, red blooded, real Americans can hate this republican bill: Colorado Sportsmen Target Bills That Threaten State's Public Lands
Yep, lots of bi-partisan disapproval of the bill. Thanks for sharing the article.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2015   #4

Denver, Colorado
Thanks Marko, letter in the works now.
-d
Old 05-04-2015   #5

Denver, Colorado
Good news! The House Democrats just killed SB-39. Thanks to everybody who wrote their state legislators!

Also, the Senate killed a second attempt by Senate GOP to introduce a similar Alec land grab bill. However, it went down in flames because a sensible Republican broke ranks with Party and listened to his constituents.

Cheers, and happy boating!!

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz