Bush: "Oooops. Sorry." - Mountain Buzz

Old 12-01-2008   #1

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Bush: "Oooops. Sorry."

The Lame Duck in Chief finally admitted some, uh, shortcomings in an interview on ABC.

WAR-A-RAMA - "I think I was unprepared for war. In other words, I didn't campaign and say, 'Please vote for me, I'll be able to handle an attack.' In other words, I didn't anticipate war."

TANKING ECONOMY - "I'm sorry it's happening. Obviously I don't like the idea of people losing jobs, or being worried about their 401(k)s."

OBAMA'S VICTORY - "I think it was a repudiation of Republicans. And I'm sure some people voted for Barack Obama because of me."

Well that's pretty refreshing. Too bad he waited this long to be honest.

DurangoSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2008   #2
gh

pnw, Colorado
Took 7 years and 11 months to admit anything but I believe he was planning the war in Iraq from day 1 in office so I dont even believe him. Just trying to rebuild the repub party and do his part.
Old 12-01-2008   #3

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
gh, i bet you believe that 911 bull shit about the government conspiracy aswell.
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2008   #4
God Amongst Men

Phuoc My, Da Nang, THE 'NAM
Paddling Since: 1845
i believe soylent green is made of people
Old 12-01-2008   #5

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1984
Quote:
Originally Posted by gh View Post
Took 7 years and 11 months to admit anything but I believe he was planning the war in Iraq from day 1 in office so I dont even believe him.
Not that caspermike would bother to read it, but there is ample evidence that that's exactly what was planned. A letter to Clinton, from Paul Wolfowitz and other future Bush Cabinet members, in 1998. Letter to President Clinton on Iraq

And Wolfowitz' admission that he suggested attacking Iraq 2 days after 9/11:
Wolfowitz Admits Iraq War Planned Two Days After 9-11

Or just talk Paul O'Neil's word for it: Bush Sought ‘Way’ To Invade Iraq?, O'Neill Tells '60 Minutes' Iraq Was 'Topic A' 8 Months Before 9-11 - CBS News
El Flaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008   #6

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
The evidence is undeniable that Iraq was on the agenda even before the Supremes actually gave Bush the keys to the White House. I suggest that his mea culpa about "war" was in reference to 911 and the subsequent attack of Afghanistan. I doubt he will EVER tell the truth about Iraq, but we know that his cabinet & VP, and indeed his own brother, were members of the PNAC... and their "plans" for Iraq were crystal clear.
DurangoSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008   #7
gh

pnw, Colorado
CM, the Frontline report on PBS showed lots of evidence to show that war with Iraq was on the agenda from the beginning. The 9/11 attacks were just used for justification for a lie.
And no I believe that we are too stupid to create such a conspiracy and then keep it quiet.
Old 12-02-2008   #8
Beginner

Eastern Slope, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
Mike,

I believe that Dick Cheney shot that guy in the face on purpose. That's the big conspiracy. He survived and kept quiet because he knew Dick could keep his soul if he didn't.

I was in Casper this weekend. I went to Sidelines. What a dump. Hoes everywhere and white kids talking like gangsters.
Randaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008   #9
gh

pnw, Colorado

Pretty funny and a good summary of how I view Bush's legacy.
Old 12-02-2008   #10

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
Yep, welcome to casper randy the only place worth visting is either downtown at the wonder bar or my apartment. im sorry you had to visit sidelines last time i visited that place was 3 years ago on st patricks day havne't gone back since. im sure the diseased were out in full force.
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote