Burning Down The House: What Caused Our Economic Crisis? - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Other Chatter > The Eddy

Old 10-09-2008   #1

West of Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
Burning Down The House: What Caused Our Economic Crisis?

What do you political pundits think of this video? Is it really this clear cut or is this another Republican marketing piece?

Advertisement

Old 10-09-2008   #2
Self-Aggrandizing jackass

The Ranch, Colorado
Paddling Since: 04
One thing I cannot do at work is anything that requires streaming video or audio. That's a big no-no, so I can't look at these till tomorrow night.
Old 10-09-2008   #3

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
You had to ask if this video is a right wing marketing piece? Are you kidding me? Did you watch the end of it when they show us who we need to vote for in order to save the country?

Bottom line: BOTH parties are the problem! Basically you have the corporate Dem and Repub cronies hanging out at the front of the ships controls. BOTH of them - for whatever their reasons - shoot numerous holes in the hull due to their bad policies that each of them pursued. So, now the ship is sinking. What do they do? They go to the back of the ship and start telling the passengers that it was the other parties fault. They are simply slinging mud at each other in an attempt to save face. In the meantime, THE SHIP IS STILL GONNA SINK because of BOTH of their actions. They are complicit partners in crime! Good luck all... the ship is going down... find a PFD and strap it on tight.

If you want to know more about the economic crisis...

Below are 2 links that have an enormous amount of information. These 2 sources are from the Austrian School. In a nutshell there are 3 different economic schools of thought. Keynesian, the mainstream Chicago school and the supply-siders, and Austrian School. The Austrian school has been right, for the most part- the entire time. The Chicago boys denied a bubble until just recently, the Keynesian boys denied the bubble for awhile but came around eventually. But it was the Austrian School who predicted this mess would happen as early as 2004. In fact, the Austrian school knew our economic system was in trouble when Nixon took us off the gold standard.

These 2 links have so many amazing articles. I am choosing to believe the Austrian School now because they have gotten it right. Others may choose to stick with the other schools of thought. Out of all of the information in these links spend the time and read this one...
http://mises.org/journals/scholar/Thornton13.pdf

2 main links
The Bailout Reader - Mises.org - Mises Institute
The Recession Reader

I also highly recommend reading this article... Noam Chomsky and the Struggle Against Neoliberalism, by Robert W. McChesney
I already posted it on a previous thread, but it so valid to the one of the root problems we face right now.
marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2008   #4

The Ranch, Colorado
I'm a fan of the Austrians, for the record.
Old 10-09-2008   #5

Not sure how the youtube link got in my original post twice?

I know this is a Rep piece. This is another email/video that is going around to take another run at Obama and the Dems.

It is starting to get very crazy leading up to this election with the collapse of financial system and with the new campaign techniques on the part of Sarah, John, and Fox News.

It seems like the Reps are really showing their racist and facsist ways. I watched the clip of the Florida police officer at a Rep rally with Sarah that seemed quit scary. The officer looked like a skin head firing up the crowd. And then Sarah is practically calling Obama a terrorist at rallies. And then the "kill him" comment from the crowd member at a recent rally. These people are losing their minds as they continue to feel the real threat of them losing this election and control of the country.

My Bro happened to go to a Taladga (sp?) NASCAR race this past weekend and he could not believe the religious, war, Rep overtone at a concert the night before the race.

Could this be the start of a revolution of some sorts?
Old 10-09-2008   #6

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
so you say you want a revolution......

You say you got a real solution
Well, you know
We'd all love to see the plan
You ask me for a contribution
Well, you know
We're doing what we can
But when you want money
for people with minds that hate
All I can tell is brother you have to wait ...

arguably one of the best songs of all time holds true till this day!
we should all say fuck the reps, fuck the dems and get on with the show that was suppose to be started 30 years ago.
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008   #7

The Ranch, Colorado
One of the reasons I have harped on a lot of posts that are intemperate is because, in a democracy, sometimes you gotta live with something distasteful. I'm not a fan of any speaker who dispariages his political foes as evil, diabolical, etc.

Your enemy is never a villain in his own eyes.

The Rove playbook has been one of the most destructive political tools devised in American history.

I personally urge people to denounce egregious hyperbole wherever it is heard and simply state it is destructive to healthy discourse. No need to call McCain or Palin or anyone else a fascist. That merely justifies your opponent by convincing him you think he's evil. It becomes a bonfire of civil etiquette.

Check on the retirees in your neighborhoods in the coming days, people.
Old 10-09-2008   #8
gh

pnw, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Niwot View Post
Not sure how the youtube link got in my original post twice?
I edited it to try to fix it and I cant see why it posted the video twice, odd.
Old 10-09-2008   #9
swimming

conifer, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko View Post
You had to ask if this video is a right wing marketing piece? Are you kidding me? Did you watch the end of it when they show us who we need to vote for in order to save the country?

Bottom line: BOTH parties are the problem! Basically you have the corporate Dem and Repub cronies hanging out at the front of the ships controls. BOTH of them - for whatever their reasons - shoot numerous holes in the hull due to their bad policies that each of them pursued. So, now the ship is sinking. What do they do? They go to the back of the ship and start telling the passengers that it was the other parties fault. They are simply slinging mud at each other in an attempt to save face. In the meantime, THE SHIP IS STILL GONNA SINK because of BOTH of their actions. They are complicit partners in crime! Good luck all... the ship is going down... find a PFD and strap it on tight.

If you want to know more about the economic crisis...

Below are 2 links that have an enormous amount of information. These 2 sources are from the Austrian School. In a nutshell there are 3 different economic schools of thought. Keynesian, the mainstream Chicago school and the supply-siders, and Austrian School. The Austrian school has been right, for the most part- the entire time. The Chicago boys denied a bubble until just recently, the Keynesian boys denied the bubble for awhile but came around eventually. But it was the Austrian School who predicted this mess would happen as early as 2004. In fact, the Austrian school knew our economic system was in trouble when Nixon took us off the gold standard.

These 2 links have so many amazing articles. I am choosing to believe the Austrian School now because they have gotten it right. Others may choose to stick with the other schools of thought. Out of all of the information in these links spend the time and read this one...
http://mises.org/journals/scholar/Thornton13.pdf

2 main links
The Bailout Reader - Mises.org - Mises Institute
The Recession Reader

I also highly recommend reading this article... Noam Chomsky and the Struggle Against Neoliberalism, by Robert W. McChesney
I already posted it on a previous thread, but it so valid to the one of the root problems we face right now.
Marko, could you please give evidence of the Repulicans who backed the CRA or show clips of Repubs backing Franklin Raines during the '05 and '07 Senate Hearing. I believe the Dems spun this "as a lynching" of Mr. Raines. As always, playing the race card, they should be ashamed. We,the public, should be should be outraged!
mr. compassionate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008   #10

Helio,

I am not really sure what these people are, but their tone and tactics seem scary. I hope it becomes more civil going foward for everyone's benefit.