Brexiting retirement - Mountain Buzz

Old 06-24-2016   #1

cedar city, Utah
Brexiting retirement

Anybody else watching their retirement money "brexit" into thin air?

Jealous of those on multi-day trips now as it would be a good week to be away from this turbulence. No doubt it will recover in the coming days and weeks but the immediate picture is grim. Glad I have decades to wait.

Phillip

restrac2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2016   #2
Beginner

Eastern Slope, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
I just checked my retirement account. The $20 is still there. Whew!
Randaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016   #3

cedar city, Utah
Hehe. Ours doesn't have many more zeros.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2016   #4
Misspellingintothefuture!

Tabernash, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
That's why you should go on as many river trips as possible while you can.
No sense saving up a bunch of money for some ass hole to steal.
Old 06-27-2016   #5

It's a non-binding referendum. I'll be curious to see if Parliament actually votes to proceed. I bet they play politics, like having a second referendum that's slightly different, and keep having referendums until the voters choose to stay in the EU.

At least for once it's not the USA making the news for its stupidity.
jaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016   #6

Poundtown, Wokastan
Paddling Since: 420
IDK jaffy, Scotland will want to stay out because they actually have resources and could create something. While, its only a matter of time before Greece has to do something. There is a lot going on in the EU. Many people don't like the immigration policies that come with belonging to the EU. Its really hard for people to accept immigrants coming into their country and taking jobs from families that paid taxes and fought for freedoms for generations only to get to the back of the line because of affirmative action type laws. Germany, France, Poland, and the United Kingdom have been bailing out the EU for a long time. People want their countries back. This will continue to happen world wide. There are just tooooo fing many people in the world today and we can not get along.
dirtbagkayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016   #7
Old Guy in a PFD

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1967
Schutzie's retirement, thanks to the foresight of investing strictly in river equipment stocks, river rafting stocks, and breweries notes that his account has gained a couple of zeros.
Schutzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016   #8

cedar city, Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schutzie View Post
Schutzie's retirement, thanks to the foresight of investing strictly in river equipment stocks, river rafting stocks, and breweries notes that his account has gained a couple of zeros.
Sounds like a new investing strategy that could rival "green" portfolios. Some of the river and whitewater lingo would transition nicely. Like "someone runoff with all my money". My portfolio got maytagged .

Just hoping my investments don't get stuck in a Eddy for too long. Looks like it stabilized some already. Economic climate might help a bit as we are considering buying a house and sounds like feds aren't going to raise interest rates for a while now after this turbulent week.

Getting old. Started a retirement fund, thinking of buying a house, planning to have a kid within a year or two. Not much of the old dirtbag left.
Old 06-30-2016   #9
Old Guy in a PFD

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1967
.......... buy house
...........have kid

OLD?
You don't know the meaning of the word!
Old is when you wake up in the morning and are thankful you can have a bowel movement. Without help.
Old is when you are thankful every day that your birth certificate hasn't expired.
Old is when dinner and a movie is a big deal if it goes past 9 PM. And no one falls asleep.
Old is when you realize the model and color of your walker is more important than the model and color of your car.
Schutzie is offline   Reply With Quote